News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Garden State wants her shooters to muster!!

Started by Mikep, June 21, 2008, 05:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

Funny thing Dwarven1...  I pulled out my camping gear for this week-end, and when I opened up my sleeping pad I saw a little sharpie scrawl, in a foreign hand...  It read "BMW k100 RS".  Yes, I remember the bikes in the parking lot, and I remember you trying to get me to "upgrade" my busted Kawasaki (still a broken beauty by the way) to a fancy Fraulein.  I can't wait to see you in NJ.  How you gonna get through NYC on a beemer with your CC?   **) **) **)    :-\ :-\ :-\

Oop, gotta keep this thread valid.   Hey CooperGlock, as to the range, it sounds like your pistol range would work out fine, but keep in mind we need 42 inches per shooter, so this may be a smallish shoot.  Nothing wrong with that!  Small, .22 only shoots on pistol ranges with 10 or so folks may be just the thing to get started.  We will do this!

Is there a range in Camden?  Might be worth checking out.  I suggest we carpool in someone else vehicle though.  My car is a little small.   ::)
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

CooperGlocker

The pistol range was built exactly like the rifle range, with 20 yards between each permanent bench.  To the left and right of each bench is a 1 yard by 2 yard cement pad for prone shooters.  The ground is typical central-jersey sugar sand.  Given how we were shooting elbow to elbow at Reade Range, I don't see how we couldn't fit some 6 shooters per space between tables (With shooters 2 and 5 getting the cement pads, and 1 person to their left and right).

My fiancee suggested this kind of spacing and I think this would help the Instructors actually, as each instructor could take 1 or 2 of these groups of 6 based on turnout.

We may actually be permitted to set up in front of the permanent benches, but we would have to adjust the distance to the targets as the 25 yards is counted from just in front of the benches.

There is something we call the safety chain some 5 yards back from the firing line.  This would be an ideal spot to drop your gear to keep a lane clear for instructors and safety officers to keep an eye on the line.
- Coop

dwarven1

Quote from: kDan on April 21, 2009, 05:32:31 PMI remember you trying to get me to "upgrade" my busted Kawasaki (still a broken beauty by the way) to a fancy Fraulein.
Hey, I love my German iron aluminum.

Quote from: kDan on April 21, 2009, 05:32:31 PMI can't wait to see you in NJ.  How you gonna get through NYC on a beemer with your CC?
I'm not - I'll take the Sawmill to the Cross-Westchester and cross the Hudson on the TZ. Just because I rode into mid-town on my bike the day I got my bike license doesn't mean that I want to EVER ride in NYC ever again.

I'll have to get the supplies shipped to the LBOTG, though... you should have seen the load in my station wagon this weekend. It'll cost the program less, too, since I'll be using less gas.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

kDan

stop by brooklyn.  I'll give you some supplies. 

I gotch yer targets, gefiltefish, handouts, sideways glocks, charain, and hoodies. 

Whaddaya need?  We probably got it.  Is there a problem here?  God forbid you should get cancer.  You never call...   

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

crak

<----  Jersey guy too.  North Arlington.  Let's get this done.  Taylor ham on a real bagel for breakfast before the appleseed.  Sold.
Check your drama at the door.

CooperGlocker

HAH!  Taylor Ham on a real Bagel indeed!  I was born and raised in Kearny!  Way cool to meet someone who lives so close to where I grew up!

Ft. Dix is about a 2 hour drive from that area, taking the Turnpike to Exit 7.
- Coop

dwarven1

I think that Crak means that he grew up there... he lives in MA now, and is the MA state coordinator.

We can carpool down, though, Crak!  ;D

Just gotta stop in Fair Lawn on the way down and hit the Hot Bagels store ("Mafia" bagels, for you FL residents). The Best Bagels in the world, IMNSHO.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON