News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Unexpeted 7th step opportunity - On-going Log

Started by Publican, June 24, 2012, 12:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Publican

I guess many of you have these opportunities quite often but this was my first with a stranger  >:D

I drive a cab for a living and during the summer our business is off due to the customer base. I always have a book in the cab with me to pass the time when needed.

Today I have my much dog eared copy of Fischer's Revere. The customer saw it and asked about it. He said that he had been in Boston recently and was moved by some of what he got to see.

He has a young son who he picked up a couple youth books for pertaining to our Country's founding. He mentioned one which told the story from the separate view points of G. Washington and King George.

He asked how I liked the the book so I was presented the chance to tell him a bit about it as well as discuss Appleseed to the best of my ability.

Prepare. Improvise. Succeed.
I hope he looks us up!
"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican