News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DexterouSeed

Started by aim, June 22, 2012, 08:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

The one *consistent* complaint (or warning?) about Appleseed is one I hear from instructors: "Once you volunteer for a hat", the lament goes, "you don't get to shoot nearly as much". Having heartily agreed with this sentiment in the past myself, I decided to drum up some interest in the idea of a support-side-seed, otherwise known as weak-hand-seed, the-other-hand-seed or my-does-this-feel-odd-seed. I am hoping to have a bunch of instructors and IITs show up and shoot an Appleseed from the other shoulder. (Distaff-seed? Less-than-dextrous-seed?). I would personally prefer the July 14 Leyden AS, since that's one where I cannot SBIT, but any other AS would do as well. Extra points for centerfire and/or bolt action, I suppose. Double points if your dominant eye is on the same side as your dominant hand. Misery loves company - otherwise known as strength in numbers. Besides, with the large number of left handers on the line these days, I, at least need to figure this out.

So, any takers?

, improvement of marksmanship?
Shiny!

goodpiper

Come, come now.  No takers for aim's challen...I mean invitation?
:~
Bring it on!!! The more the merrier ^:)^

dwarven1

Sorry, but I can't - within about 15 minutes my right shoulder will remind me why I hung up my rattan sword.

I tried shooting lefty last year just on a whim... and discovered that a sling is one of the FASTEST ways to get chronic tendonitis to act up known to dwarves man.  :(
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Kaylee

I don't know as I'm up for an off-hand - but depending on the day an Instructors (and friends?) KD afternoon out to at least 200 would be awesome. :)

Edheler

I really like the idea; the location and timing won't work out for me though.

It makes me think that we should be engaging those who already have Rifleman patches with other challenges. I do worry from time to time that people earn their patch and then go home thinking "been there done that" and don't come back again.

lupis42

Tempting.  I doubt I'd be able to make both days, but I'll see if I can at least get away for Sunday... 
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.