News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Florida's First Infernoseed Patch!AAR:Clermont,Fl June 9-10

Started by Sly223, June 11, 2012, 12:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Agree with you Brother  O0
Unfortunately  until Appleseed does it's job and the NYT and other "garbage publications are viewed in museums as relics  of an insane time in american history ,we need to use our words very carefully  ;)
Who would have thought a NYT writer would have referred to "scratched Ice chests" or some other stupid comment when writing about our appleseed program  :slap:

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Sly223

Ed ,Yes I will be there.
Joe, I think something got mis communicated. Let me try to clear the Air, about the Boresight Lasers,I instruct Dry Fire and Riflemans cadence with borsighter in place for students that won't let it rip in cadence if they are familiar with there natural rhythm they can better understand Riflemans cadence. I don't mean they should combind the two they should work on the two,not at the same time! I feel shot fussers need the cadence as much or more as the dry fire exercise!Hopefully, I have not confused shooters.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

airplanejoe

We're in agreement, Sly. Like I said, boresighters are useful tools for certain things. I've seen you teach using one for demo's; I've never seen you advocate their use for individual solo improvement sessions. Dry firing or during NPOA drills folks need to be looking through the same sight system they'll be using during live fire. Unless you can see the laser dot not much benefit will come off of it.
There is one way to work around it, adjust your sights so that, at the distance you're using in your home, LOS coincides with the laser dot. In my case, I dry fire at a target approx 10 ft away. I would have to "re-zero" my AR from 25 yds to 10 ft. I hope you'll agree with me that this is a silly thing to do.
Another way is to drive to the range and set up at the 25 yd line. But then, why not live fire?

Airplanejoe

Sly223

When I was a nuby I tried to get them to coincide and quarters were too tight.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

SSG Platz

So what's the official criteria for the new Infernoseed patch? I know this past weekend at Elverson is was 91 degrees. So it would be interesting to know what environmental events need to be in play, and if this is a FL only patch or if these can be given anywhere where the criteria are met.

~PlatzOut~

Quote from: Sly223 on June 11, 2012, 12:44:24 PM
Folks,
I'm here to tell you it was 100degrees,no Rain to cool us off!
The Man that knows very well what he was about, and the recipient of the first such Patch, Was ED MiddleBrook(Son of Summers Middlebrook).
In my mind there was no one more deserving of this distinguished award!
This indeed was His Day in the Sun!I have so much to say, but I need to get this posted so all of our eager Participants can post there experiences.I'm already getting PM'S.
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Sly223

Right now it's gatta be 100+,
In my personal opinion and nobody cares I think sometimes feels like temp.is 100, but its only 94 0r so!
Anyway for now its 100 degrees!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

SSG Platz

Quote from: Sly223 on June 15, 2012, 07:57:59 AM
Right now it's gatta be 100+,
In my personal opinion and nobody cares I think sometimes feels like temp.is 100, but its only 94 0r so!
Anyway for now its 100 degrees!
Can the new patches be ordered in the shoot box?
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

smoakingun

At this point the patches are not availablein the shoot box. The first batch was sent directly to fl shoot bosses. This first batch came from my pocket, and was pretty expensive. My plan is to order several hundred for issue next year to the entire program, if the organization is on board. It will take me to next summer to scrounge up the necessary funds
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson