News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shawano WI 6/9-10/12

Started by martin, June 11, 2012, 12:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

RustyRed and I just got back after spending a wonderful weekend at the Shawano Gun Club.We met alot of great Americans!

Thanks to the Shawano Gun Club for partnering with Appleseed.

I have to put out a special thank you to both RustyRed and Reckless Rick for a absolutely great job of instructing.This program would not work without people like you.

Please welcome also, Wisconsin's newest Orange Hat, MaverickAR6.I see a bright future for Mike in the Wisconsin Appleseed. Thanks for stepping up.  O0

OOPS, almost forgot,,,,Happy Birthday to RustyRed!

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Taylor

Harry Birthday Rusty Red. :) How does it feel to be 29? ;D

Thanks for stepping up MaverickAR6. Hope to meet you soon.  :)

Taylor and Dicey
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

RustyRed

It was a great weekend! I will have pic's up later!

MaverickAR6

I had an awesome time and I except the orange hat with honor.  Can't wait for the next shoot.
"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill

dragonfly

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST JO........ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU........and MANY MORE     :)

D-fly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

Thanks for stepping up MaverickAR6. Sounds like a great shoot  :~

D-fly   Keeping the Faith

Quote from: MaverickAR6 on June 11, 2012, 04:26:50 PM
I had an awesome time and I except the orange hat with honor.  Can't wait for the next shoot.

K.I.S.S.

colycat

Thanks Mav for taking the hat.  You look a little familiar, have we met?

The Shawano club is a great venue to Appleseed, everyone who was there, lets try to sell it out next time.

You all know, you can shoot KD (known distance) from the same firing line.  Next time, I'm sure it will happen.

Lets hear from some of the students O0 O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

MaverickAR6

Quote from: colycat on June 11, 2012, 11:39:37 PM

The Shawano club is a great venue to Appleseed, everyone who was there, lets try to sell it out next time.

You all know, you can shoot KD (known distance) from the same firing line.  Next time, I'm sure it will happen.

Yes sir, we have.  Remember the nasty muzzle brake AR from the Sept. 24-25 shoot in Shawano?  The one that kept knocking the hat off D-fly's head while he tried to card it?  :cool2:

Didn't bring any black rifles this time, went old school.

RustyRed

Welcome To Shawano WI
pic

RustyRed

pic
pic

RustyRed

More pic's to come, computer or operator is having problems putting pics on!

RustyRed

pic

RustyRed

pic

RustyRed

pic

RustyRed

kids getting their patches
a family soon to be riflemen

RustyRed

Our New Wisconsin Orange Hat! Mike     MaverickAR6

MaverickAR6

dragonfly

Thats exactly how I described you to coly, the guy with the muzzle brake on his AR that kept blowing my hat off  ;)  %)

D-fly

Quote from: MaverickAR6 on June 12, 2012, 12:09:42 AM
Quote from: colycat on June 11, 2012, 11:39:37 PM

Yes sir, we have.  Remember the nasty muzzle brake AR from the Sept. 24-25 shoot in Shawano?  The one that kept knocking the hat off D-fly's head while he tried to card it?  :cool2:

Didn't bring any black rifles this time, went old school.

K.I.S.S.

Reckless Rick

Great shoot Martin, Rusty Red awesome job on the check in and Roc and cmp stuff (I should have watched you closer).
Erick and Jay you guys are soooo close bit a perseverence and you will pervail.I hope to see and hear from all the shooters soon thanks for accepting all the instruction.Thanks also to Mike for stepping up and Shawano gun club for a covered firing line....85 to 90 in the shade was hot enough.BTW Dad great job, your the youngest 76 year old on the line.
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

snidely196

Finally found the pics from Shawano. Had a great time, trying to convince the wife to go to Suamico in August to try again.
HHC 1/69 Mortar Platoon, Kitzingen, W. Germany 87-89
Yes, That's an expert badge, but it was a loooonng time ago.

Brother_COM

You da' man Snidley! Now remember... going to Appleseed is about becoming an involved citizen, not just about shooting a Rifleman's score. but hey!... it sure is a good incentive!  ~~:) 

YOU are a great American! And concerning the wife coming to next appleseed shoot: Try weaving a little romance into the schedule and see if she bites. Hotel, candle light diner, jacuzzi, etc...  ^-^

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Brother_COM