News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi, Wi June 9 and 10, 2012 Wounded Warrior Fund Raiser

Started by colycat, June 10, 2012, 01:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

Day one is in the Appleseed books.  This I believe is the first fund raiser event sponsored by Project Appleseed.  It was fun, fast and very hot. 

All the shooters showed incredible progress through out the day, money was raised and I believe everyone had a very good time.

I would like to thank our sponsors who donated prizes and prizes and more prizes.  Armalite, Pro Mag, Techsights, Craddock Barrells.  We did a shoot a stick for most items, for a fee, shooters put their name on a lath and a designator shooter using a MI shot at a stick. When hit, that was the winner.  All the designated shooters were female today and the smiles on there faces after shooting a "real gun" were worth more to me than the prize.

More items to shoot for tomorrow, including a Vortex rifle scope and a match grade upper from Armalite.

More to come,,,,,,,,,,
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

First time shooters of the U.S RIFLE CAL. 30 M1 is priceless  :) .To hear that Garand giggle between each shot is just to COOL  :cool2:

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

Thanks to ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS in this special Appleseed fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project.   

It takes A LOT of people to make this kind of event happen, and for it to be successful.   @)

If you have not already done so, please take a moment to visit the Wounded Warrior Project website.  You will see their Mission, Vision, Purpose and Core Values.  You will see why Appleseed chooses to support the WWP. 

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/mission.aspx

Through the work of some dedicated Appleseed volunteers we were able to offer some FANTASTIC prizes to help raise money for WWP.

Kudos! to individuals and industry for their generous support of this coordinated effort to support our veterans.

Vortex!  A Wisconsin based company!   ^:)^
Armalite    @)
ProMag     @)
Craddock    @)
Techsites    @)
Patternmaster    @)

Thanks to the Winnequah Gun Club for their support.  Through their generosity to the Appleseed project we have a range dedicated to serving Appleseed events.  Their daily membership fees from this event will be donated to the WWP.   This club ROCKS!

ATTENDEES!  PLEASE SIGN ON AND COMMENT HERE   :---  QUICKLY  >:D 
Without you, there would be no Appleseed. 
Thanks for taking the decision to attend Appleseed, and for your generous support of WWP.

GEEZ!  We had fun yesterday.  More to come today!

You all represent what is GOOD about America.

HONOR AND REMEMBER!
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

EricTheRed

Even with the heat and the wind, it was an incredible time. No matter how many times you hear about our Heritage you can't help but swell up with pride to be an American. My daughter shot this weekend and we are very proud to be helping out the Wounded Warrior Project. You would be hard pressed to find a better cause to give your time and money to.

Now Heidi wants a nick name. How about MissHeidi or is that one too easy?

LibertyFighter

ONE OF THE MOST AWESOME EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE! O0

This was my first Appleseed event and I loved it... I have never been to any shooting event where the instructors felt so much compassion for our forefathers and the ones who died giving us our freedom and liberty! Our great country is in grave danger of losing our rights and freedoms and Appleseed is just what WE The People need to remind us of the sacrifices that were made! I hope that Appleseed spreads like wildfire through the homes of America! Anyway as far as this event went... I will admit, there were times when I was aggravated because breaking bad habits is a hard thing to do... Once you muscle through and remain persistent, you will become better! I will be back soon to claim my Appleseed title as a Rifleman! Army Marksmanship has nothing on this!!! Great Job Appleseed and THANK YOU to all the Instructors who volunteer your time!!! Thanks D-Fly for introducing me to this wonderful organization!

http://youtube.com/usbrotherhood11b
http://hollowpointshooters.org
SSG Bobby Hughes
US ARMY

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." -Thomas Paine 1777

Miller

Whew....
Just walked in the door and wanted to check in.  A longer post will be following as well as a DFTFH thread.

Absolutely amazing.
All my thanks to Wisconsin Cadre for putting up with me for two days.
Much love to all of the manufacturers that donated such great prizes
And as always....
A most sincere thank you to the shooters.  To work that hard for two days in the heat and dust... At every shoot I attend my faith in the people of this country is restored and this weekend was no different. 

God I love this program.

Fearful but resolute.

ShaneinWI

This may have been my first Appleseed shoot but won't be my last.  Had a great 2 days with a great bunch of people who are dedicated to the cause.  And am proud to be part of helping Wounded Warriers again as well.  The entire event was run flawlessly by the volunteers.  All the hard work and efforts were very much appreciated.  Fun to watch the improvement of each and every shooter on the line.  I plan to continue to shoot and improve on my own with all I've learned this weekend.  And of course I loved the M1's seeing action.  I'd like to think the rifles enjoyed it as well.
Shane

Miller

Quote from: EricTheRed on June 10, 2012, 07:37:36 PM

Now Heidi wants a nick name. How about MissHeidi or is that one too easy?
How 'bout Hard Core Heidi.
Lord knows she dove into everything with gusto and was still hustling when I left for home.
Fearful but resolute.

Old Glory!

What a GROUP! 

It's Saturday morning, before registration time, attendees are arriving, volunteers are setting up the firing line, washing picnic tables, setting up easy-ups, and the first two students ask "is there something we can do to help?"  The start of a very good day!

EricTR - Thanks for bringing MissHardCoreHeidi.  What a wonderful way to spend the weekend with your daughter.  She seemed jazzed!  Her smiling face was more cheerful than her starburst, tie-died T-shirt.

LibertyFighter, Stevie, and  HollowPointShooters - very cool that you made this Appleseed/Wounded Warriors fundraiser a club event!  I see by your website that you are a dedicated group. 

Quote from: Miller on June 10, 2012, 09:44:42 PM
At every shoot I attend my faith in the people of this country is restored and this weekend was no different. 

God I love this program.
O0

Quote from: ShaneinWI on June 10, 2012, 11:25:06 PM
I plan to continue to shoot and improve on my own with all I've learned this weekend. 
O0  Am I remembering correctly; were you one of the prizewinners this weekend?

It was a GARAND weekend!
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Trig

WHEW!  Just got home and cleaned up. 

What a great way to kick off the summer!!  :---

Every time I attend an Appleseed, my heart is filled with joy as I see true Americans show up and begin their journey to becoming a rifleman.  I am filled with hope as I watch each of the attendees digesting the events of April 19th 1775, and sacrifices that our fathers made to secure the freedoms and rights that they will begin to hold a little more precious and near to their hearts.

YOU are what will help us get the message out to those that will hear it, and help in our mission to reintroduce people to their heritage.  To get every American in touch with their inner rifleman. 

dedicate those 6 steps to firing a shot to memory, but ACT on that 7th step!!

I wanted to thank everyone that helped to make this weekend GLORIOUS; from all the hard work done behind the scenes to acquire and distribute the prizes, to the amazing Americans who decided that they were going to make themselves better this weekend and show up to an Appleseed AND donating to a great cause in the Wounded Warriors Project.  I want to also thank the volunteers and instructors (especially those that came from Ohio/Iowa/ and Indiana) for being a part of APPLESEED'S FIRST fundraiser for such a great cause.  Lastly Thank you to All of the industry leaders who donated our prizes for this weekend and Winnequah Gun club for the gracious use of their facility, THANK YOU ALL for making this a success.
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Old Glory!

Many thanks to Brown - Procurer of the Prizes   :bow:  (Notice what he is holding?)
He took pictures of all the winners and after he gets back to Indiana and hoses the dust off ::)  I am sure you will see some of them.

For now, here are the FABULOUS prizes that we were able to offer in the Appleseed effort to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. 

Pretty cool, eh?!    :---

Well it doesn't stop there.  Take a look at the picture below.

Okay,  are you done oggle-ing over the Garand? 
Yeh, handsome dude doing the shooting, as well.
But that is not why I posted this picture.  You have to look closer. 
May I draw your attention to his trigger hand.   No draggin wood, of course!  But it's not that either.
It's what he's wearing on his wrist.  It's the BRACELET! 
Not just any bracelet, but a very special bracelet. 
Bellringer, IIT, made these bracelets out of some super  cool cord and offered them for sale, doing his part in the efforts to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. 
How cool is that!   Great job Bellringer!  Hey they even look good on the OLD GUYS!

RustyRed

Looks like you all had a great  time for a great cause!!
Thank you all!!

colycat

For a $5.00 donation to WWP, the shooters got to shoot 1 enblock for a small prize.  When is the last time you saw this many U.S. Rifle's 30 cal on the line?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Janir

It turned out to be a great weekend - heat, sand, sun and all! The improvements from Saturday morning to the end of Sunday was fantastic! From newly minted Rifleman to several shooting running the table on Red Coat targets. You shooters worked hard this weekend and I salute you! Thank you for helping make America a better place by participating in its Heritage and especially for all the donations to make this Wounded Warrior Project Appleseed clinic a success!

An extra thank you to our out of state instructor/shooters who came all the way in special from Iowa, Ohio and Indiana. that was a long haul but I loved learning from you guys and the stories.

And I kinda like Hard Core Heidi as a screen name... Almost as good as Fluffy. ;) <ducks from Miller's swing!>
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Eric Buhlmann

A very successful weekend, I'd say.  Thank you to all that made this a very special event....a whole lot of good was done this weekend.  I look forward to taking a more "active" role with my new orange hat! Thank you for the opportunity.

BTW, I brought Joe V. with me to to this shoot and he scored Rifleman w/iron sights on his first event.  I think this was my 5th event, but first qualifying with irons, too.  I'm proud of him, and I know he had a great time because he is already talking about who he wants to bring to the next one!
"Did I seriously just hit that?"

Trisha

What a great weekend! I signed up to shoot, but still was able to get some instructing in...hehe couldn't help myself.

Thank you to all the donors for the wonderful prizes, I was so surprised by all the generosity.

Thank you to all the attendees who stuck through the heat, this Appleseed wouldn't have been a success without you.

Congratulations to both Tuhlmann and EricTheRed for taking on the Orange Hat. Maybe I will see you on the trail!!

colycat

After a Friday night planning session, the visiting instructors head to the range.

With the heart of a Rifleman, Hedi takes some instruction from triggernick.

ShaneinWI

Good memory Old Glory, I was lucky enough to win one of the Patternmaster Chokes.  Will be put to good use.  Thank you.

Brown

Now that I have MOST of the sand washed off and collected my thoughts here are some of the pictures from this weekend. Once again I am so humbled to be part of a GREAT group of Americans that came out to support a fundraiser to benefit Wounded Warriors. We raised a good amount of funds, had WONDERFUL prizes donated by Industry, and had a fantastic time.

While it was hot every one of the shooters persevered and came back on Sunday for even more punishing heat.

I want to thank all of the shooters for coming out. It made the trip to WI worth the effort to get there.

All of the instructors and even some shooters pitching in to set up shade

Checking in at registration. Look at all those great donation prizes!

Saturday morning is off to a start with the safety briefing

First shots of the day at the opening Red Coats. Look at that long line of shooters under the watchful eye of BellRinger

Sam and Bill get ready to try and clear the Redcoat target

I heard that Appleseed can teach an old dog new tricks on how to improve their shooting positions. Bellringer and Janir show them how it is done.

So how is everyone's groupings starting to look?

Some of our donating companies

Joe is the first winner of the drawing for a sling from Tech Sights

Trying out the seated position
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Taylor

Congratulations everyone on the success of this great Appleseed.  O0 :bow: O0 :bow:
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Brown

Heidi takes aim with the sledgehammer of the Battlefield . look at that smile from the M1.

Mac claims the Archangel target stock from Promag. Heidi hit the 6MOA target with ease. Nice shooting Heidi!

High score on the first AQT claims the Archangel hat

David Claims the Tech Sights with a high score of 47 out of 50

Taking aim for the next prize

And the Winner is Julia for the Craddock Precision Barrel

A little Coaching from Triggernick and Laurie Claims the Donated Tech Sights

History Time!

After the Morning Pledge of Allegiance it is review time for safety rules on Sunday

Checking Sunday morning targets to verify zero before going into the AQT grind

Even the shooters want to get in telling history by reading off the Appleseed playing cards

Adrian helps julia claim a Archangel stock from ProMag

Nice shooting Adrian!

With a very substantial donation Eric takes home the second target stock from ProMag

LibertyFighter

Brown, Thanks so much for posting all the pics! Great stuff! Can't wait to see more! I always take the camera to every event and I usually get so tied up in focusing on shooting that the camera never comes out of the bag so it's nice to see pics!!!! Thanks Again!
SSG Bobby Hughes
US ARMY

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." -Thomas Paine 1777

Brown

Garand Shoot-out  game #1

Helps Joe Claim the Tech Sights. Thanks for the great shooting Bill!

Garand Shoot-out #2. Look at all those Garands!!

Two very happy winners of the PatternMaster Choke Tubes

So what is with all the sticks all the winners are holding you ask? Shooters buy a chance at a prize by putting their name on the stick. They are then placed at 25yd target line and a random shooter uses a Garand to hit that 6moa target . Not an easy task unless you are a Rifleman in training!

Mike claims the Armalite donated National Match AR Upper

John gets the Vortex Optics scope from the hometeam donating company. nice groupings on that redcoat

Eric and Eric grab a bucket and join the Instructor ranks. Thanks Guys!

Our Shoot boss in Training is Promoted to full  Shoot Boss. Nice job Triggernick

And as is tradition he is showered with water. Boy does that feel good on a hot day!

BellRinger

I just wanted to say,
Thanks to all the instructors and shooters who bought my bracelets this weekend ;D.  Thanks to them I was able to donate fifty dollars to the Wounded Warriors Project ^:)^  ..:.., and I had a really awesome time instructing. Oh, I almost forgot ;) congrats to the new OHs and SB O0

Thanks all,
       Bellringer
Ringing the Bell for Liberty!

dragonfly

WOW!!!! what a GLORIOUS weekend, thanks to all who came out to Winnequah Gun Club to share their weekend with Appleseed.  :~

Congratulations to our newest Rifleman Joe I know someone took some pictures of you getting your patch  ;) .

Some pics from the weekend:

D-fly    Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

More pics

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Heidi and the U.S. RIFLE CAL. 30 M1

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

I think Heidi's name should be starburst...bc of her shirt that OG pointed out and her personality.

EricTheRed

Quote from: colycat on June 11, 2012, 11:49:06 AM

After a Friday night planning session, the visiting instructors head to the range.

With the heart of a Rifleman, Hedi takes some instruction from triggernick.

Does it get any better than seeing your Daughter shooting an 30 cal.