News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Santa Barbara, CA June 2-3

Started by Marpat Pippi, June 03, 2012, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marpat Pippi

We had a great time with great improvement! The weather was great, a bright sunny day with a breeze to stay cool and keep the flies away.  Perfect.

Here are the stats:
              400   300  200  100  HS   Clear
Sat AM      0       0     0      2     2     
Sat PM      2       1     3      2     2       1
Sun AM     0       2     2      2     3       0
Sun PM     1       3     3      1     4       1

We had one Rifleman Shawn S. who also stepped up to be an orange hat! ^:)^

Anne came out with a great attitude again. She is improving greatly, tightening her groups and creeping her AQT scores up bit by bit. Perseverance and Proper Practice.

Micah and Kyle came out and were shooting up a storm. They both took and applied feedback well. They were in the 190s by the end of the weekend. They were also a good help setting up backers and hanging flags. Micah also had an awesome camera, and documented the weekend. We're counting on you to post the pics!

:pics:

Shawn S. was a "repeat offender" with his ROC, he tuned up his rifle and scored a solid 228! :--- :~ :--- He also cleared the redcoat twice.

Matt brought out his son Max (also repeat offenders >:D O0) They both did a great job and Max was safe the entire weekend.

Dave came out after work both days (about noon). We were glad to have him. Its been at least 15 years since he's shot a rifle, so it was almost like a first time. He did a great job learning to handle the rifle and by the end of Sunday he was 1 shot away from clearing the Redcoat!

Tony came out for the first time. It was great having your great attitude, and to watch you improve. You had very nice tight groups!

kattmann

Hi Pippi,

I had a great time and learned some new tricks. This old dog likes learning new tricks and putting them to work.

When I cleaned the rifle on Monday I discovered the front sight was loose! It was wobbling at least an 1/8 of an inch. This explains why I would get a good first shot and then chase the target later on. This might be a thing to put on the check list, especially for people who have replaced the factory sights wtih some like the Tech-Sights. Much like scope rings, the sights should be checked, even if Lok-tight Blue has been used.

I added a BSA Sweet 22 (3-9X) yesterday and went to the Glass Factory to sight it in. At 50 yards I was getting consistant groups less than one inch. I then moved out to 100 and 150 yards and was hitting the targets. I needed that extra bit of magnification to see and now I have it. Plus, I had no problems with the Blazer ammunition though I did find out from the Marlin Owners Forum that the bolt buffer tends to soften up and that is what may have produced the feeding and ejection issues I experienced. I will be fixing the buffer soon.

I have posted some photos from last week. You can see them here:

http://dosgatos.com/armas/Appleseed-6-2012-SB/index.htm 

Please credit © Anthony Galván III is you use any of the images. I do have a few more.

September is probably the earliest I can try again after returning from China.

Cheers,

Kattman