News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dublin, GA June 2-3

Started by franklinfarmer, June 08, 2012, 09:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinfarmer

We had a good shoot at the Georgia Gun Owners Association Twin Oaks Range. 

There were two shooters Lee and Beth who both came in effective at 300 yards with head shots on the initial Redcoats.  Both had been to a clinic before, and Lee already had his patch.  We managed to get the range manager, Stump (and his pet gnats), down for a couple AQTs on Sunday as well before the sunny 90 degree day drove him into the AC. 

Lee posted a number of confirmation scores in the 120s.  Next time I'm sure we'll see the fruits of his dry-fire practice in consistent follow through.  (Hold that trigger back!)

We also had a short technical riflery presentation on Sunday and then went out to 100 yards and verified scaling of groups and come-ups (for .22s) and come-downs (for 30s).

I am hopeful that Beth will persevere to bring her top score of 187 up the the Rifleman standard.  We wish her well in basic training starting later this year.

This facility is excellent, and we extend our appreciation for the great hospitality we experienced.

We were also very pleased to have Applacious among the instructors---it's been too long since we've worked together.  The other instructors were Wy Knott and WorM2.  And we also appreciate the help of our blue hat helper Leah who helped call the line on Sunday.

I'll let others add details as they see fit.

FF

P.S. One detail I'll add.  Wy Knott and WorM2 posted a number of confirmation scores.  Wy Knott was pleased enough to ask her father:  "Can I get an AR now?"
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Ramblin' Wreck

Kudos to the Georgia instructor crew. Dublin is a good range especially with the hospitality of letting us stay free in the clubhouse for the event. Now if they could just move that restroom closer to the AS firing line.....  ;D
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown