News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help Wanted: Craigslist Couriers

Started by George Hacker, May 24, 2012, 08:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Montana instructors and friends of Appleseed,

Promotions needs your help and it won't take a lot of time. :sos:

I would like to build a network of Montana residents that will help me get the word out about upcoming Appleseed events.  My idea is to have 1 or 2 people responsible for each population area that is served by Appleseed events.  I would provide you with an HTML document that you put into a Craigslist event (just a couple minutes) and refresh it about once a week.

• Bozeman - ChrisMT
  • Butte - ChrisMT
  • Great Falls - evorgsumaf
  • Helena
  • Kalispell - T.P.
  • Missoula
These are the 6 population areas that are served by our events in Boulder, Columbia Falls, Great Falls, and Three Forks.  Ideally I'd like two people from each area because we may have two shoots that overlap an area at a time.

Either post a reply to this thread or PM me if you'd like to help.  Let me know which geographical area you'd like to be responsible.

Thanks for your help,

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

T.P.

I can do one in the Kalispell area. T.P.

Thanks - you have been associated with kalispell.  - ShadowMan

Stargazer

I can do Bozeman and Butte, maybe more if needed.

Thank you - you have been associated with both cities.  I hope we can still get more helpers.  - ShadowMan

evorgsumaf

Sign me up for Great Falls.

Thank you for stepping up.  You have Great Falls.  - ShadowMan

2 clicks low

Sounds like a great idea.  :bow:
Can I get a copy of your HTML doc to use here in the Semi-Free state of Illinois?
Thanks
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

George Hacker

Here is a sample.  Please note that a few of the links (to pictures, EIPs, Eventbrite, and our Facebook page) need to be adjusted for your particular events.  The pictures are linked to photos in our Facebook AARs.

The Great Falls attachment is advertising a single event.  The Springfield attachment is how we advertise multiple events at a single venue.  When one event is finished, we adjust the dates in the Craigslist ad then modify the HTML to point to one less event.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."