News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Jun 2-3 Columbia Falls, MT Needs You!

Started by George Hacker, May 08, 2012, 11:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Montana instructors and Applecore,

There will be an inaugural Appleseed shoot held in Columbia Falls, Montana the weekend of June 2-3.  So far 24 out of 30 spots have been sold on the firing line and it is expected to sell out completely.  The media has shown interest and will probably be at the event (a reported asked, "Why April 19th?" on the phone - needless to say he got the three strikes in a nutshell).

We need your help. :sos:

Currently there are 4 instructors signed up to work the event, but we could use a few more on the line.  This would be a great experience working together and would give you an opportunity to tell some history and work on your PCs.  We especially need someone (a blue hat?) dedicated to taking pictures during the shoot to be used to promote future events at this range.

Thank you, lumberjack55, for signing the range and getting this event on the calendar. O0

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

BrassInPocket

I am NOT qualified to be an instructor, but would be a happy willing gopher!  Let me know if you need one.

Necee

George- I may be able to be there on Saturday but have prior commitments on Sunday.   Will send pm to Inst Sched as soon as I know for sure.   

Denise

Stargazer

George -

I could come both days as Blue Hat volunteer.  I will send PM to instructor scheduling.  However, if Necee decides to go as the Blue Hat, and another is not required, I don't have to attend.  I am not that good with the camera, but would give it my best shot.

George Hacker

Quote from: Chris-MT on May 17, 2012, 08:31:15 PM
George -

I could come both days as Blue Hat volunteer.  I will send PM to instructor scheduling.  However, if Necee decides to go as the Blue Hat, and another is not required, I don't have to attend.  I am not that good with the camera, but would give it my best shot.
Wow!  Thanks for stepping up to help, Chris.  There are a couple of thoughts that come to mind.

First, Denise can only come on Saturday, so your help on Sunday will be invaluable.  Since she is an experienced Applecore I would suggest you come on Saturday and learn how to do the check in process if you aren't familiar with it.  If Denise isn't able to make it, then you are all the Applecore we have.

Second, many of our Applecore volunteers learn how to act as an RSO/LSO which allows them to check the line for safe rifles.  This isn't instructing and it doesn't require a rifleman's patch.  If you could help with line safety, that would be a great help.  Let the shoot boss (MTProgrammer) know you would like to help with line safety.  That would free up an orange hat or a red hat to coach shooters.

This is the inaugural shoot at this range and it is sold out.  All sorts of wonder and amazement is expected to happen and personally I wouldn't miss it for the world if I could physically get there.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

Necee

I LOVE sold out for two reasons.... don't have to worry about money at the door and it's a full line!!  Chris has a patch or two and helped me with registration at the 3Forks shoot last month  O0   I should know this weekend what the plan is- but it will still just be for Saturday if I make it.  Thanks for offering to drive ALL the way up there Chris! 

Mark Davis

I can take enough pictures, to get some good ones.
But I'm to much of a 'tard to get them posted.

Prescott

If you need more help, I can come out and work the shoot.  I am over due for a sales trip swing through MT and could spend the weekend ASing in Columbia Falls.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

T.P.

Hello all,
I'm interested in becoming a Instructor in Training and have just signed up here on the Forums. I've been to 4 Appleseeds (Coeur d'Alene, Three Forks and a Bootcamp at Three Forks where I was given the name T.P. as in Teachers Pet) - (I got my Rifleman when I was 10 Yr. old. at my second A.S. in Three Forks)
We're in contact with lumberjack55 (After trying unsuccessfully to host a shoot at our local "Good Ol Boys" club, we appreciate all his work getting a shoot in C. Falls!) and will be helping him out as much as possible.  I'm ready to start my online training so please point me in the right direction. Thanks - T.P.

George Hacker

T.P.,

How old are you?  I think the minimum age to take an orange hat is 13 years old.

Contact the shoot boss for the event, MTProgrammer, and let him know you are interested in coming to the event and taking an orange hat.  Thank you for your willingness to help.  We sure could use more folks with a servant's attitude to lend a hand.

ShadowMan

TruTenacity

That's great that this event is sold out!

I gently suggest those that are able to help instruct at this event contact MTProgrammer directly to see what his needs are and then get signed up via Instructor Scheduling.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Kaiser Leib

Prescott, if you'd like to come out, we'd love to have the help. This shoot has turned from "I'm not sure we'll have enough instructors for all the students" to "I'm not sure we'll have enough students for all the instructors" in a hurry!
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

TruTenacity

I just processed a cancellation.  There are now two tickets available.  I'll post regarding the openings over on FB.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

George Hacker

Quote from: TruTenacity on May 30, 2012, 04:35:50 PM
I just processed a cancellation.  There are now two tickets available.  I'll post regarding the openings over on FB.
We have just under two months until the next CF shoot and over a third of the firing line has shooters already.  Nice.

Thanks for getting the FB post out.  Hopefully the NW fans in that region will get the word out to those waiting in the wings to sign up.

- ShadowMan

Evenstar

Quote from: Mark Davis on May 20, 2012, 11:18:56 PM
I can take enough pictures, to get some good ones.
But I'm to much of a 'tard to get them posted.

Jess, if you need help with posting pictures on the forum, check here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23641.0. :cool2: I'm excited to see how this shoot goes! Perhaps we'll be able to make it over into Montana for one of the Columbia Falls events later this year.
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011