News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - AAR - 2012May19-20

Started by mal, May 21, 2012, 10:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

The May 2012 event at the Elstonville Sportsman's Association in Manheim, PA was another splendid event.  We had 11 attendees Sat & 7 Sunday with a good mix of youth & women from as far away as Washington DC. 

We had great shooting weather with clear skies, warm , almost hot days & intense sun.  Sunday we had some pretty heavy afternoon gusts which made the stage 1 COFs a bit of a challenge. 

This weekend we had quite a few successes;

Josh at his 2nd Appleseed was our 1st Rifleman with a 217, followed a bit after with a 211.  Congrats!  Josh couldn't commit to becoming an instructor, but has accepted a Blue Hat & intends to help out at events when able.  As far as I can remember, he & his son, Ian have been the only club members to attend an event.  Hopefully his voice inside the club will help strengthen Appleseed's already good relations with ESA.  Thanks Josh!

Our next Rifleman is Jarod also shooting a 217 at hist 1st Appleseed.  Congrats as well, Jarod!

Last, but not least, Nathan scored a 214 at his first event.  Well done, Nathan!

We also had a few participants clean the redcoats.  Congratulations go out to Alex & again to her brother Nathan.  This no small feat was rewarded by a PA 1st Rifles patch courtesy of SSG Platz who had these awesome patches made up.

Some pictures of the event to follow, but for some reason I have only 3...  I know I took at least 4 times that many, but have no idea why they didn't save.  So, if anyone has any pics they'd like to share please feel free to post them or email them to me so that i can (mal1970@comcast.net).   

Thanks much for coming out & hope to see you again next month!

mal
~
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

May 2012 attendees;

SSGPlatz, Bill, Matt, Jarod, Shane, Josh, Ian, David, Nathan, Ladonna, Alex, Keyone & RoverAce.

Thanks, Art, for the photo!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Appleseed youth:

Jarod, Ian, Alex & Nathan.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Sharpshooter Alex with her cleaned Redcoat.

Rifleman Nathan scoring 214.

Nice job!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

RoverAce telling the story of April 19th, 1775.

Thanks again, Art, for the photo.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

SSG Platz

I was going to post pics, but you pretty much have all the same ones that I did, I must say I had a great time, and injoyed working with all of you guys, and look forward to doing it again real soon.

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

mal

My pics popped up out of nowhere, so here they are... hey, better late than never!

Josh Scoring 217.  Congrats!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Jarod also Scoring 217.  Congrats to you as well!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams