News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

George63 does good out in New Mexico!!

Started by Patriot Gal, May 30, 2012, 04:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Looks like George63 made a sojourn out to the NRA Whittington Range in New Mexico to attend the bi-annual KDC held there May 18-20.  You can see all the pictures here => http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29768.0

In addition, I'm attaching three of the pictures of George, one checking the targets, one receiving his Rifleman patch for repeated expert scores for the Full Distance AQTs and one on the line.

Well done George!!!   O0 O0
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Cooper

George63 is a blessing to Appleseed and our entire Nation!!

Selfless, always teaching, always supportive to AS students and instructors alike, always willing to loan his personal rifles and hand-loaded rounds to those striving for long-distance mastery...

George63 is a National treasure and Project Appleseed is honored to enjoy his gifts and generosity with respect to time, effort, cost and commitment.

George, thank you from the bottom of our collective hearts!!!!   You just plain ROCK !!!!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Sly223

What a patch collector! %)
I was honored to meet this unique individual at RCR FL 2years ago at the Boot camp,Where he got his Red Hat!
Amazing Guy welcome on any line in Fl and that goes for our whole Crew.
He is a Fl Red Hat first.
BTW, Get back down here for an event!
RCR now also has 2 1000 yrd ranges! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

DieslPwrd

Please excuse this New Mexican's intrusion on your state board for a moment.  But I must say, this thread kind of asks for it.  ;)

The dedication of George63 to AS and the craft of being a rifleman is an amazing thing!  This man obviously has spent the time both on the range and off to become a true expert.  He is admirable in his humility and generosity too.  I was fortunate to be loaned George63's AR- 15 for a FD AQT on Sun. at Whittington.  What a firearm that is!  Thanks, George63, for being an inspiration.  O0
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman

Sly223

Quite Alright!
I'm from Fl and intrude anywhere I see fit.
this is your program too!
Never let anyone tell you you don't have a horse in this Race.
I was just givin' George 63 a hard time haven't seen him in a while,
and yes he is very effective.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

colycat

G63 is just a gun nut ;)

And there is nothing wrong with that O0

BTW, G,  when are you going to do a WI shoot?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

JoeZ

George is multi talented. His campfire "strikes of the match" were very well done at the boys camp in WI.

A talent not afraid to travel is a true asset for Appleseed. Thank you George.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Amber Waves

George,

Thank you for all you do at Waterman shoots.  Trust me it's a lot.

You rock!

George63

to all: the ranges at whittington are very underused, I was alone (other than the deer and antelope spectators) the 3 times I used the 1000 yd range - for a 30$ yearly range fee we should all be visiting

Cooper: I almost joined you at the Douglas BC but had to spend a little time at home

Sly:You are supposed to be coming up here - no SB signed for august at Waterman, what time does your plane get in?

Coly + JoeZ how about a 2 day KD in WI, I will be there with spare rifles and ammo - I need to qualify on KD with a bolt gun and it would probably take 2 days