News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Maine promotional opportunities

Started by TOMINCT, May 23, 2012, 02:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Appleseed will be promoting the cause at Cabela's in Scarborough this Saturday May 26 from about 8am to 4pm. Easy to get to from I95 in a high traffic area.

Let us see if this gives a shot in the arm for coastal Maine Appleseed events!
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

TOMINCT

Okay sportsfans, here is the skinny on the Cabela's promo.

I arrived about 7:30 am, found the event coordinator, set up in a reasonable spot and waited for the masses. At around 8:15, lo and behold, another RH shows up. SeanO hisself! Now I know that this is getting good!

After a little back and forth ribbing we entertained the Cabela's customer base as best we could. To be honest it was a little slow at first, maybe one every 8 to 10 minutes or so. It then picked up as the weather got warmer and the barbecue contest started warming up. It became steadier as lunchtime approached.

Met several folks not only from Maine but NY, NH and Ct as well. All inquired about Appleseed in general and took info along the way.

Due to our set up directly in front of the store we had a good view, and I'm sure the customers did also. But with a very large and numerous number of ways around our table some did get away, sorry to say.

The afternoon picked up better until about 3pm. We met Eric and his wife, Monmouth club members, also a local PD firearms instructor who took several fliers and tri folds to hand out to his department.

Altogether a worthwhile endeavor, letting folks know that Appleseed is in Maine and we are not going away soon.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Josey Wales

..Nice Job Guys..  Maine is on the Map.....

..Strength & Honor.......Josey Wales.........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Great work Guys! Maine (And the NE) is coming on strong thanks to your efforts.
Thanks for all your hard work on this one. I'm sure we'll see in pay off in the numbers soon.

Well Done!  O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!