News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis, IN May 19, 2012

Started by AuntieBellum, May 20, 2012, 11:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

What a great day to Appleseed!  13 people aged 11 to, well, a teensy bit older  ;), came out to learn all about our American heritage.  The day was toasty, but we didn't hear any complaints.  The history breaks were welcome, and not just for the shade - it was obvious that these Patriots came to learn.  Their marksmanship improved all day long, too.  Karen - always a pleasure to see you.  Get that scope screwed on nice and snug, and I know you'll get that coveted score in Freedom.  And Brett - a pleasure to see you again, as well - congratulations, new Rifleman!  I look forward to seeing you in an orange hat soon...  ^-^

I enjoyed working with each and every one of you and can't wait to see you all again!  Miles, Sam, Jamie, and Steven - great job, young Patriots.  I only have a couple of groups shots, but I'm sure others have pictures to share, too.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

Spitfire tells us of the events of Lexington Green:

We learned some transitions:

What could have these young men so intrigued:

Dangerous Old Men, as told by Brown:

Brown

Pictures for now and will return later with additional comments

Off and Running with the Redcoats

We had 2 bays full of shooters

Our Posterity. what a GREAT group of young men

The Rifleman of the day. Believe Brett scored in the mid to high 240's?

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

spitfire51

Had a wonderful time with everyone this past Saturday, and a big thank you to the dads for bringing the kids out to the range to enjoy a nice day.  All our new shooters made great progress throughout the day, and congratulations to Brett for shooting Rifleman.  There's not a doubt in my mind many of the other shooters on the line will make that Rifleman score soon with some more practice.  Come on back and join us again soon.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Squirt239

Thank you to the volunteers for your time and effort!  The knowledge and ability you have been blessed with will assist in training young patriots for years to come.  I have to say I've probably told everyone I know I achieved Rifleman  ^:)^ :---

Squirt239

Oh...and btw...I'm ready for my Orange Hat  ;D

AuntieBellum

spitfire51

"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

TBE

Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Squirt239 on May 23, 2012, 08:18:49 AM
Oh...and btw...I'm ready for my Orange Hat  ;D

That is good news indeed. Niecie will be happy to hear it as well. Welcome aboard!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Joni

Congratulations to Brett on his rifleman score, and thanks for taking the Orange Hat! I look forward to working with you sometime on the Appleseed Trail!!