News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pomfret, Conn May 5th & 6th, 2012

Started by VietVet, May 07, 2012, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

This weekend I discovered a new way to spell PERFECTION,
  P-O-M-F-R-E-T!

Perfection is the word that comes to mind when I think of this event.

So...let me begin by saying THANK YOU to the Pomfret Rod & Gun Club.
They surely rolled out the "Red Carpet" for all who attended this Appleseed. The Members made sure we had everything we needed to make the first Appleseed held at their Club a total success. I'm sure we've begun what will be a long term partnership between their Club and the RWVA.

Bill, Andy and Tom (Club Members) made sure everyone was well fed both days. They broke out the BBQ and cooked us lunch. They also ended lunch both days by holding a raffle and awarding prizes to the winners. Thanks guys!

To the Instructor crew that came from three different States NY, NH, and CT, thank you.  I want to mention their names because I truly feel they deserve recognition.
Josey Wales, CharlieHotel, CaptMac, Heather and Luigi. Team Northeast came out strong here.

Now for our Shooters. These were "Hardcore" Shooters for sure.
Saturday we were still shooting AQT's until about 6:30PM. They did persist.
A great group of Americans all concerned about the future of our Country. All expressed how much they learned about  both their Heritage and Marksmanship.

We have 3 new Rifleman and 1 new IIT that came out of Pomfret.

Ken who was knocking on that door shooting above 200 on almost every AQT finally broke down that door with a 222 followed by a 223. Was awarded his Rifleman Patch and stepped up and took the Orange Hat. This was his second Appleseed and we'll surely see him on the trail helping us out on the line.

Gary who also kept improving with every AQT shot his Rifleman score joining Ken with a 222. Well done Gary!

Scott was our third Shooter joining Americas Rifleman with a 210. Yes, 210. Now we all know what that means. Scott got his Patch along with the "North Bridge Water" ceremony.

Derick also was awarded a Patch at Pomfret. Derick shot his score at  the Appleseed held in Chaplin, CT last March but didn't receive his patch then so we presented it to him at this event.
Congrats to all our new Rifleman.

We're surely not going to forget our Youth Shooters who received their Youth Patches.
Kevin, Peter, Hugh and Gabe all hung in there and made us feel good about the future of America that is in their hands.

To the ladies who attended. Stephanie, Jamie, Morgan and Katelyn wear those "Shoot Like A Girl" hats proudly. You certainly looked great in them.

The winners of our "Couch Target" shootout on Saturday was Adrian.
On Sunday it was Katelyn. Each took home a brick of ammo donated by the Pomfret  Club.

Again I just can't say THANK YOU enough to all who took part in this Event, but.......THANK YOU!

Photos will be posted shortly by CharlieHotel. He spent the 4 hour ride home TRYING to explain to me how to post them in a larger format then I know how but being an old school guy, well....CH....where are those photos?
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

CharlieHotel

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

Josey Wales

..Pomfret, CT was what I would call a picture perfect shoot.O0  I mean that this event was well rounded and we had it all.  Woman, children, men, riflemen, a new IIT, club members, non-club members, new shooters, experienced shooters, gnat's, beautiful Spring weather, picturesque range, wonderfully supportive hosts,  BBQ, enthusiastic & teachable New England folk, the kind of people that make me proud to work events.
..The quality of the Instructor crew made the event run like a well oiled machine, like water off a ducks back, the kind of gents and gal that make being a fellow Instructor a special thing, my personal thank you..
..Going to Connecticut was a great experience.  This cross pollination of Instructors from State to State is what makes Project Appleseed such a strong National program, and do not ever forget that.  Any Instructor from any State is always welcome to work with me, be it at any event that I am at, and I promise to always treat you as such as a member of my extended family..  Bless..
..Look at the pictures and enjoy, the only thing that makes me sad is that the weekend eventually came to an end.. Any time, Any place, for good people..

......Strength and Honor...........Josey Wales................................ 
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Here are a few photos I just receiver from one of the Pomfret Rod and Gun Club.

Sorry but I still haven't figure out how to attach them in larger format.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

CharlieHotel

"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13