News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Rose City Gun Show Promo, May 19-20, 2012

Started by George Hacker, March 13, 2012, 04:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Status and Task List for:
Rose City Gun Show, May 19-20, 2012
Last Updated: May 18, 2012

Event Information

Location:Portland, EXPO Center, 2060 N. Marine Drive, Portland, OR
Date:May 19-20, 2012
Promo Boss:ShadowMan
Promo Team:arpjoe, Prescott, Ducko, Theophilus, kenjo

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Venue contacted, booth space approved
  • Promo Boss needed
  • Promo team assembled
  • Management of booth materials and supplies
  • Booth load-in and set up staffed and scheduled (7:00am-9:00am Saturday): arpjoe, ShadowMan
  • Booth staffing for Saturday: arpjoe, Ducko, ShadowMan, Theophilus
  • Booth staffing for Sunday: arpjoe, kenjo, Prescott
  • Booth tear-down and load out staffed and scheduled(4:00pm-5:00pm Sunday): kenjo, Prescott

Booth Staff Schedule

_______SATURDAY_______
________SUNDAY________
9:00am-12:30pmarpjoe, Duckoarpjoe, Prescott
12:30pm-6:00pmarpjoe, Theophiluskenjo, Prescott

Event website: http://wesknodelgunshows.com/pages/EXPO.html
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

arpjoe

ShadowMan,

I would like to sign up for the promo team.

Joe Arp / arpjoe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

George Hacker

BTT - Thanks, arpjoe, for stepping up.  Are there others?  Working this show should be a big shot in the arm for the Oregon and SW Washington programs.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

Prescott

I have to attend our Boy Scout Troop's Annual Planning Conference on Saturday, but I am free to work the booth on Sunday.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

arpjoe

I am free to help setup, booth Sat and Sun and tear down.
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

George Hacker

BTT - would anyone else be willing to help promote Appleseed at this gun show?  I'd like to have 2-3 people man the booth each day.

I will put together a detailed schedule later this week and e-mail it to all who have volunteered for this event.

Thanks, arpjoe and Prescott, for stepping up to help.

Prescott

I sent a PM to all of the OR instructors askin for their participation. 

George, will you send a PM to the SW WA instructors too, and see if you can get some volunteers.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

George Hacker

Will do.  Thanks for reaching out to the Oregon crew, Prescott.

- ShadowMan

Ducko

Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

George Hacker

Here is the schedule of events for this weekend's promotional event.

Saturday

8:00 am - arpjoe and Shadowman meet at Expo Center entrance, register and set up table
9:00 am - show opens to the public, Ducko arrives
10:00 am - ShadowMan leaves once everything is in order
12:30 pm - Theophilus arrives to allow arpjoe to get lunch
1:00 pm - Ducko leaves
6:00 pm - show closes - arpjoe and Theophilus call it a day

Sunday

8:30 am - arpjoe and Prescott meet at Expo Center entrance
9:00 am - show opens to the public
noon - kenjo arrives to allow Prescott some lunch time
12:30 pm - arpjoe leaves
4:00 pm - show closes to the public, kenjo, Prescott, and ShadowMan tear down
5:00 pm - everyone calls it a day

When I register on Saturday morning, I will let Wes Knodel know who our volunteers are for the Appleseed booth.  I don't know if there is any additional cost - I will find out tomorrow.  If they charge admission, let them know if you are a Bi-mart member (discount).

Free parking is available by Portland International Raceway.  They run several shuttles to/from that location.  Please see the attached map to get a general idea of where to park.

I can't wait to see what this weekend brings.  Be sure to bring snacks and a lunch.  Another option for lunch would be to support some of the food vendors at the event.  Thank you all for stepping up to volunteer.

- ShadowMan