News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Baraboo, WI, May 5-6, 2012

Started by Rimshot, May 07, 2012, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimshot

Well done everyone!  It was nice to get back to Wisconsin.  Doubly so for me, since I got to return to Circus City (my old home range from almost a decade ago).  Working with D-Fly was great too, since he gave me my Rifleman patch just a few miles away almost exactly two years ago.  Kind of a homecoming and I loved it.

More importantly, though, our shooters worked hard and persevered.  Saturday was cloudy but decent.  Sunday was somewhat more damp.  >:D  Heavy rain and storms in the morning kept us under cover with the fate of the day uncertain.  The lightning cleared out mid morning and we were able to get down to the line.  We were treated to a soggy walk down to the range, and an even soggier walk through Lake Targetline every time we checked or posted targets but that didn't stop the marksmanship!

Thanks go out to Scott and Jeff for joining us as they were able.  To Mike, for bringing John out and for shooting with us on Sunday.  Well done John, for sticking it out all weekend and showing such great improvement.  You really nailed that last fun target.  Finally Jason, who finally earned that Rifleman patch in overtime on Sunday.  Congrats!

I know AB took some photos, and anyone else is welcome to come in and share photos or feedback.  Let's have it!
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

dragonfly

Thanks to All that shared their weekend with us. Thanks to Rimshot, and AuntieBellum for making the trip up from Indiana. It was really great to work with you both . Thanks so much to the Circus City Sportsman for hosting the event. It was great to have use of the club house during the Sunday morning T-storms.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Johnnyappleseed

great job getting the circus city range  O0
Wonder how the "dells " will take all that 7th step work .

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

AuntieBellum

What a great weekend!  Jason - CONGRATULATIONS!!!   ^:)^  I was so excited to see that very last AQT - well-earned, Rifleman, well-earned.  John and Mike - thank you both for enduring a soppy Sunday with us.  You both did well, and I look forward to seeing you on the line again soon.  A HUGE thanks to the Circus City club for the use of the clubhouse Sunday morning.  What better way to show that dry-fire works than to really use it?  Jeff and Scott - thank you for joining us on Saturday.  You were missed on Sunday, but know that you're both welcome to return anytime.

D-fly - it was a pleasure working with you.  It's always fun to come back to Wisconsin, and I look forward to working with you again.

Pictures?!  Oh, yeah....you can expect those later tonight!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

Pictures!

A little IMC:

John takes on the redcoats:

D-fly tells us where the Revolutionary War began:

John earns his youth patch:

A Rifleman's rifle:

Our new Rifleman doesn't quite believe it yet:

He seems to be pretty excited, though: