News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NM CCW reciprocity

Started by oladcock, May 01, 2012, 04:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

I guess this fits into getting off the couch. Our DPS has been slowly but surely disapproving reciprocity with other states CCW licenses in an effort to discredit our Governor. They were doing this behind the Governor's back in a slow boil the frog way. An ex-seeder brought it to our attention which lead to a few phone calls and last we heard, DPS officials were being called on the carpet. Story is going to run on KRQE at 4pm. The "little people" can make a difference in a big way....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

Thanks for the heads up!
The "Kings men" need to be held accountable for this.
I will spread the word locally here in Taos with the local CCW crew/instructors.

Here is the line DPS is feeding the public to justify their actions:
"I believe New Mexico has a really strong concealed carry law," said Gorden Eden, the Department of Public Safety cabinet secretary. "Some states don't."
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

oladcock

A little update, one of our councilors (and AS attendee) called the SoS who was in a meeting with the Governor about this. The SoS assistant connected him to DPS who fed him a line of bull, after I'd warned him they would. He passed that info to the  Governors CoS. Anyway, from this morning to this evening the DPS web site changed, adding 2 states to the approved list we specifically called them out on. DPS has been using very questionable criteria to deny reciprocity to other states. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the last few days. Give appointed bureaucrats a little power and they start applying subjective political bias. Hopefully now they've been caught, they'll either get their act together or be looking for other jobs.....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx