News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Daughters deer

Started by para45acp, December 05, 2011, 10:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

para45acp

Maybe not directly Appleseed related, but my girl was certainly practicing her AS skill set when she harvested this guy at about 100yds with an in-line .50 muzzleloader on the first day of Ohio's youth gun season. Quartering to shot that was just a fuzz high...got the shoulder, both lungs, aorta, and liver before exiting just behind the ribs. 
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

sgtmace

SWEET!!!!
And with a 'smoke pole' at a hundred- way to go girl. I hunt with everything allowed, but the method I have put the most meat in the freezer is with blackpowder.
Keep up the good work.
sgtmace
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

slim

Huzzah!

Great shooting, Harley!

Ratchett

YAY HARLEY!!!!Great job young lady. Sure would like to have our paths cross again!!

Love ya!!
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

EZ3

Tell Harley we said, "Well done!"

Lee & Ev
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

para45acp

I will pass along all of your comments, and thanks to all of you. She dosn't get on here much anymore with all the stuff she has going on with school, piano, art, crosscountry, etc... so on and so forth. She is keeping her shooting skills honed tho  8)

Maybe I can get her to log on and read the thread   :)
Don't worry Julia, I'm sure they will  :D

I started the process of stripping the skull yesterday. Doing a European mount for her...hope to have it done in time to put it under the tree ;)
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Messer454

Congratulations!! My 10 year old daughter went out during youth season but no deer nearby.  I hope to get her to an Appleseed next year.
"Be Prepared"......It is more than a motto, it is a way of life.

Birdman

Para, Having your (or my) kid get a deer is better than any deer we could ever shoot. Congratulations to Harley....and you, for being a great Dad.

Sly223

.50 cal  :~ :---
WOW!
ONE SHOT ONE KILL, NICE! O0
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

GEmanuel

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Kick-in-the-pants

Quote from: para45acp on December 05, 2011, 10:33:32 AM
Maybe not directly Appleseed related...

What are you talking about?  Of course it's related!  That is taking the knowledge and applying it in the real world!  Congratulations to a wonderful shot and wonderful parents for taking her hunting!

Sly223

Did she use the Hasty,Hasty?
When introducing this, I always say and suddenly a deer breaks across the ridge!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

para45acp

No, our stand has a blind around the top, with a nice solid 2X4 rest all the way around. Shooting from an elevated position, seated, with a rest  ;)

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Sly223

Her Father has taught her well! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!