News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sierra Vista AZ, AAR- APR 21-22

Started by AZbinary, April 24, 2012, 12:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZbinary

Well!

Another outstanding weekend in Sierra Vista, sharing the history of "The Day" and getting to meet some of the best people.  Sierra Vista is a great place to shoot, and the weather was a still spring crisp 95, with the usual wind that arrives just in time to blow the visual aids around during the lunchtime telling of the three strikes.

Shooters were eager to get started on Saturday, and there were some great groups right off the bat.  The shooters quickly grasped the concepts that the instructors were trying to impart, and we ended the day with great increases in the redcoat scores.  A single AQT netted n o new riflemen however, there were several very close.

Sunday brought an amazing return rate, usually, we only see about half of the 25 or so returning, this week, we got back 18 of 22, great!  The AQT grind was broken up by shooting the county fair star target, and the shamelessly stolen from the Montana contingent Major Buttrick "Fire boys Fire!" event.

The day ended with the benediction, 6 new riflemen, and a new Orange hat to add to our growing ranks.

Well done all!

Krystal takes an Orange hat!  She's been a serial Appleseeder for several months now, congratulations on her Rifleman's patch, it's great to have her on our side of the line!

Cassie's first Appleseed!  Well done!

Family shooters

"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

galactic overlord

Tonopah AZ, Patriot's Day 2008: New Orange Hat Krystal's first Appleseed. I think she has the "persevere" thing figured out.

Well attended and safely run; I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to attend.

AZbinary

Hah!

That's great!

It's really hard to miss her AR...

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

AZRedhawk44

Quote from: galactic overlord on April 26, 2012, 03:09:17 PM

Tonopah AZ, Patriot's Day 2008: New Orange Hat Krystal's first Appleseed. I think she has the "persevere" thing figured out.

Well attended and safely run; I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to attend.

Wow, massive flashbacks there.  My first event as an IIT!  Down in the drainage ditch behind the nuclear power plant!  Hey, that link is even from my photobucket page!   O0

Good to see that Tonopah finally netted an IIT to join the ranks!

AZbinary

3 IIT's...so far.

The whole family is moving to the other side of the safety line!

You can also see Galactic Overlord in that picture...

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

Kaiser Leib

I daresay, 6 riflemen is not too shabby.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

Sandtalker

This was a great time, I look forward to more in the future.... By the way, why didn't any one tell me I looked like I was passing a stone in my picture?

Brother_COM

Passing a stone? Just looks like a half smile to me. ^-^ Do you pass stones often??? I hear apple cider vinegar and honey as a hot tea do WONDERS for breaking them down.

Just wonderin,
Glen
Brother_COM