News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WOOSTER OHIO LADYSEED April28/29

Started by Ratchett, April 30, 2012, 04:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

What an amazing group of high daughter's of liberty were on hand at Broken Lock Gun Club. These ladies persevered through wind, snow, sleet, rain, and that was just Saturday. Most returned for blue skies and sunshine with sun burn to go along on Sunday. The bipolar weather of Ohio sure struck this weekend!!! **)

11 patriotic woman 9 of whom were new to shooting sports, shouldered a rifle on Saturday morning to put some holes in the red coat targets. Results were kind of dismal but everyone was hitting paper just not those red silhouettes. By Sunday evening results were FANTASTIC!!! The best improvement of marksmanship that this shoot boss has ever witnessed at an Appleseed!!! JOB WELL DONE LADIES!!!!

A new RIFLE WOMAN emerged LINDAFROMAPPLECREEK persisted through her 7th Appleseed and achieved the elusive RIFLEMAN patch with a score of 212!!! WAY TO GO LINDA!!! So glad I was there to witness your skills and hand you the RM Patch....I will keep an orange hat in the wings ;)

THANK YOU to Broken Lock range and especially our LBOTG---Tube Sniper. You really are a "SUPERSEED" hero. TS kept the vittles coming all weekend and the fire burning---how nice it was to have the fire to sit around and hear the events of April 19, 1775 on a cold, snowy, sleety, icy day. You are sooo very much appreciated!!!

Ok ladies, this is just a short start, more to come later but if you want to add please feel free!!

In His grip,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

MeanStreaker

Alright Linda!!!!!!    O0

You have no idea how happy this news makes me!  ^:)^
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

posterboy

KAH

Linda:

Congrats to you on persevering and earning the patch!

Well deserved - you embody the spirit of the Riflewoman.
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Lyberty

Where are the pictures, Pink-E?  Post some pictures!

This weekend was great!  I absolutely loved the workable attitudes of all the shooters and instructors.  Thank you, Ratchett, Pink-E, Ishy, and Dangerous D for putting up with Squeaky this weekend!  Hopefully, my voice will come back ASAP!!!

Erin: Keep working on your NPOA shifts and relaxing.  You really caught on, just keep goin'!
Cecelia: Great job overcoming the rifle issues.  Your position looked great, so just keep goin'!
Kathe:  Way to master your rifle!  You'll be shooting that  210 before long!

To all you other ladies, great job!

And CONGRATS to Linda!  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, TubeSniper, for all your help!  You truly were a blessing.  Tell Molly "HI!" for me!
Lyberty
"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation."
2 Samuel 22:47

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."  John F. Kennedy

Ishy

Here's my quarterly visit to the forum...............hehe.  $$-0

The Wooster Ladyseed was so much fun--I came home very inspired. The shooters were FANTASTIC and demonstrated great persistence through the crazy weather.  :)

HUZZAH for Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

Huge thanks to Tubesniper for being our excellent man slave leader!  O0

I don't have pictures on my computer, but I uploaded them to Facebook from my phone haha...look me up there to see my shots. I think Emma and Emily got some good pix.  ;)

Thank you, Ratchett, for shoot bossing this amazing event! It was so nice spending time with Dangerous D, Pink-E, and Lyberty as well. <3
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

GoldFish

Congrats on the tremendous accomplishment, Linda!!!  It was a matter of 'when,' not 'if.' O0

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Dangerous D

What gift to have spent the weekend with some clearly dedicated and devoted women.  I was so impressed with everybody's positive attitudes and determination this was proven multiple times over the weekend but most strikingly when after the Saturday Benediction when the offer was made to laydown once more in the 40 degree puddles in wet jeans to run through one more AQT a third of the shooters didn't hesitate to do so. 

Congrats to Linda, you've worked so hard for so long.  She was really in her zone at the end of Saturday shooting her 212 AND Clearing the Red Coat! It was extra neat to have your 2 young daughters there to witness your determination. 

Thanks of course to the Broken Lock Club...your outhouse was deemed "super deluxe"!

It was a joy to work with an outstanding Ohio instructor team.  Go GIRL POWER!
Can't wait to see EVERYONE AGAIN SOON

Mosey

Congrats, Linda!!! And many thanks to all of the amazing instructors and incredible women who made my first Appleseed event (and rifle experience!) such a memorable one. The weather on Saturday was rough, but we toughed it out. And shout out to my fellow "dangerous young women" team, Julie and Emily, who were so much fun to shoot with this weekend, too!

When I got home Sunday night, my husband and I cooked dinner over a campfire in the backyard and I realized that I hadn't watched TV or been on Facebook since Saturday morning--and you know what? I didn't even miss it! I left so inspired and motivated. I'm going to keep practicing my marksmanship skills and will look forward to the next Appleseed!

Jen S. aka Mosey  :)

LindaFromAppleCreek

It was an amazing weekend!

Thanks to Donna for getting on the ground with binoculars next to me to see that I was fussing shots after I hit the first in the gray. Once I knew that, it was a matter of trusting my NPOA. It helped that after I got it, shot the first of a string, my shooting glasses somehow slipped over my face enough to block my crosshairs. I had no choice but to trust NPOA.

My girls love all the instructors. Susan keeps talking about Lyberty. The young instructors made quite an impression. I'm fairly sure my girls will be back.

I've got some LadySeed flyers to pass out this weekend! Hopefully, I'll have a few friends in October join me and daughters on the line!

Thanks to all of you who helped me over the course of 7 Appleseeds!
aka Mustang380gal

PhotoHam

I am so glad I could participate in my first ladyseed. All of you ladies were just wonderful, and all of our instructors were wonderful as well.  :) 

Huzzah for pushing through the weather on Saturday.
The weather on Sunday couldn't have been better. (although now I am suffering from a sunburn.)

Congratulations to Linda for earning her rifleman!  ^:)^ I have been to three appleseeds with you now and you have shown true determination. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Thank you ladies for making this the best ladyseed I have ever been too.  ;)

To view all of my pictures from the day click this link http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/emilysmiles00/Ladyseed/

LibertyGate Kate

Finally gotten registered on the Forum. Just wanted to thank everyone in Ohio for making my time here so memorable! My first "real" rifle experience and my first Appleseed (one and the same) was this Wooster Ladyseed. I'd come excited, but also quite apprehensive about shooting and about whether my health would hold up to complete the whole weekend. All the instructors were wonderful and made my experience great---so great that I went out and bought myself a Ruger 10/22 that Friday night and was off to Miamisburg at 6 a.m. Saturday morning! I was delighted to see Donna at the registration table, and how can I express my gratitude in mere words for letting me use your scoped rifle all that weekend?!! And none of it would have even happened if my Ladyseed instructors hadn't have been so welcoming, helpful, and encouraging that previous weekend in Wooster! Thank you all again, and remember, there's an open door and a comfy bed waiting for you when you come visit Montana!
PS - My wonderful husband not only let me buy the rifle that Friday night, but this Monday he let me get a really nice scope for it---all in time for my 60th birthday this coming Tuesday. I've been dryfiring, and hope to have my NPOA figured out by the time I get to Gibsonburg next weekend!
PSS - I posted the following on Facebook after the Miamisburg Appleseed:
I just finished my 5th lifetime day of shooting a rifle. The first time was 2 summers ago with Kristy, Keith, and his 2 children. 2 weekends ago I attended one of Project Appleseed's "Ladyseed" - their women-only marksmanship and heritage/history weekend. Despite 35 degree temps and snow on Sat., all 9 women ranging in age from 10 to 59 stuck it out for both days of instruction being outside for 9 hours each day. It was amazing! Before going, rifles intimidated me. I came home feeling totally comfortable with a rifle. I'm not a great shot by any means, but I now know how to get there! Appleseed succeeds in doing that for everyone who attends! We learned use of GI websling and proper techniques for prone, sitting, kneeling, and standing. We shot a "Redcoats" target, the AQT (Army Qualifying Target), and also a sighting-in target that teaches MOA (minutes of angle) where you learn to convert your groupings from inches to minutes to clicks on the sight (works equally for iron sights and scopes).
This is the same type of rifle marksmenship instruction that was standard for our military. The instructors also taught several hours of the "real" history of our American Revolution each day during lunch and breaks, emphasizing the choices and sacrifices our forefathers made to secure our liberty. If history was boring for you in school, I promise you won't snooze through this. You'll come away awed at what our forefathers did for us. This past Friday night, I went out and bought myself (with Bob's blessing--combined Mother's Day and birthday present) a Ruger LTR 10-22. This weekend, I went to Miamisburg OH to attend my second Appleseed. The weather this weekend was equally horrendous, but on the other end of the scale with mid-80-degree temps, 100% humidity (very hard on a Montana girl), standing water, and mud everywhere. I can honestly say, even with the horses and all the muddy high school rodeos we've attended, I have never been so muddy in my entire life! There were 19 participants, a wife with her husband and 2 young daughters, 2 other young girls with their dad who was an instructor, myself, and 12 great guys. Everyone was friendly and helpful, and a lot of camaraderie was experienced throughout the weekend. After an Appleseed, you leave feeling you've made a bunch of new friends. There were 8 instructors for the 19 of us; great ratio, eh? All were guys except one--Donna, who had been one of the instructors at the Ladyseed. She lent me her rifle all weekend cuz my poor close vision couldn't focus on the iron sights on my new rifle, and her scoped .22 really made the difference. My first weekend's best (when I used tech. sights) on the AQT was an 80, but by this Sat. afternoon (just my 4th day of shooting) I improved my score by 30 points to a 110. When we shot our Redcoats targets, I got 2 out of 3 each of the 100-yd, 200-yd, and 300-yd silouettes, but I cleared my 3 400-yd silouettes, and my single shot 500-yd headshot both days. In fact, on Sat., I shot a perfect bulleyes dead-center! Appleseed WORKS!
In MT there are 3 reasonably close Appleseeds coming up, Great Falls: July 14-15, Boulder MT: Sept. 15-16, and 3 Forks: Sept. 29-30. When we get home, I'm 99% sure I will attend at least 1 in MT. Let me know if you want to attend, too! Even if you are an experienced marksman, I'll bet you will learn something new, plus you'll get to actually test your own marksmanship on the AQT and earn the right to a "Rifleman" patch.
Ladies only pay a small registration fee, usually $10, and kids under 18 shoot free! Even for men, it's only $70 for 2 solid days of shooting. You will shoot at least 350 rounds at a Ladyseed, and close to 500 rounds at a regular Appleseed. I have actually joined the Revolutionary War Veterans Asso. and can shoot for free for the rest of the year. Take your kids, too. You won't believe how much they will learn.
Before I left, I had read and printed out at least 25 pages of great info. As you can probably tell, I am really impressed with this organization and its goals. I was impressed with them before I arrived from what I read online. They have lived up to all my expectations and more. All the instructors are passionate, dedicated volunteers, and all have passed the military's "Rifleman" qualification.
Hope this helps "push you over the line" and check this out. Fox News said of Project Appleseed: "This will be the next BIG thing that nobody saw coming." It could very well save this nation from losing our heritage and freedom to apathy and ignorance. Please check it out!
Here's the website: www.appleseedusa.org
Be sure to click http://www.appleseedusa.org/search-states.php?filter=MT&statename=Montana
for MT events, or click your own state for upcoming events in your area.
Also check out http://www.appleseedusa.org/why_come.html and http://www.appleseedusa.org/as_prepare.html These links will take you to other helpful pages.