News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Bremen 2012 Events

Started by Another D.O.M., March 26, 2012, 11:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

The folks at the New Bremen Fish & Game Club have graciously agreed to three Appleseed events at their range for 2012.  You can see the details at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28122.0 and the flier is attached below.  This is a very nice range in rural upstate NY (on the Tug Hill Plateau) with KD to 300 yards and this will be expanded this year to reach out even farther (I believe 400 to 500 are planned).
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Spartan

It is a great range! We have 400 yards currently and that means you can Appleseed KD qualify at New Bremen!  It is one of the two Appleseed KD qualification ranges in New York State with the only other one being Burlington Flats.  New Bremen has a range that can handle 25 yards and another one for KD so it allows for concurrent learning.  Camping is available on site and other conveniences are nearby.  Watertown and FT Drum are a stones throw with Syracuse about an hour away.  V/R Spartan
"With your shield or on it"

gunville

an hour from Syracuse? Wow Spartan, you must drive awful fast!

Glad to see we're back at New Bremen,

I'm disappointed in the the reduction in ranges we're offering this year.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: gunville on March 29, 2012, 12:55:20 AMI'm disappointed in the the reduction in ranges we're offering this year.
?????????

Since last year at this time we have added Manhattan, Hopewell Junction, LaGrange, Rotterdam, West Winfield and Indian Lake - nearly doubling the number of active ranges in 2011.  To date, the only range that definitely won't be hosting Appleseed events this year is Throop.  So we've actually increased the number of ranges this year.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

wutroad

Is the Van Etten range hosting this year. I am a bit out of the loop  :-\ 

Another D.O.M.

I've not yet received a response from the owner of the range in Van Etten.  However, the events at that range are typically held the beginning and end of summer, so it may be too early for Alan to commit.

Nickle

Traditional for Van Etten is Memorial Day weekend. Alan says the ground there is too soft for an April event.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Josey Wales

..New York has over 10 Shoot Bosses, so who can work the May 26/27 2012 New Breman event?  The date will come up fast so if you can do it, go ahead..

..Just a friendly reminder.......JW......
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Spartan

Yep, I wish I could be there for it-I am only able to cover one of the three dates picked for New bremen this year.  Have a blessed Easter:)

Smurf

I am only an IIT0 and have never worked at a Appleseed shoot. My plan is to work at two events prior to the May 26th New Bremen, NY shoot. I signed up to work this shoot yesterday. I will do the best possible to assist whomever may be the Shot Boss of this event.  You will not have to go it alone.

Spartan

I have confidence Smurf, that you will be able to give a world class IMC by then.

Smurf

One can only hope!!!! With a dollar in my pocket I can measure anything!!!! One solid IMC presentation on the way!!!!

VietVet

Still in need of a SB for this event. May 26th & 27th.
Anyone?
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Another D.O.M.

Working on it.  Let's get through next weekend and then we can revisit this.

Josey Wales

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on April 15, 2012, 12:05:09 AM
Working on it.  Let's get through next weekend and then we can revisit this.

..oh good you must have someone interested..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Another D.O.M.

There is a SB and one IIT signed up to work the May event at New Bremen.  We might need one or two more instructors, as this venue typically gets many walkon students.

Spartan

They have done some great work to the range!!!  You will make it a great appleseed Im sure.

Another D.O.M.

Yes, this will be a good event.  Rattelhead says he's in for this one as well - now we need to get the lines filled.

Spartan

ADOM, maybe Rattlehead and USCavman could put some flyers up around FT Drum and the Watertown area if its not been done already.  If you have one on electrons ready to go I will send it to some folks at 10thMTN and FT Drum as well.  It's their Holiday weekend so not sure how many soldiers will be able to come given the still current OPTEMPO and recovery from multiple deployments.  Normally, large numbers go visit family or min-vacation that weekend.  Stll you might get a number of folks that cant get away.

Another D.O.M.

Thanks John!  The current flier is attached to the first post above - just save a copy and send it along.