News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Huge THANK YOU

Started by elevatorwife, April 23, 2012, 07:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elevatorwife

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone involved in the Appleseed in Waco, GA this past weekend.  This was our first experience at an Appleseed and we absolutely loved it (even with the dust storms).  We are eager to come to our next Appleseed event and look forward to seeing all the new friends again. 

Thanks again for all that you are doing

Son of Isaac

Thank you for coming out!  We are there because you are there!

franklinfarmer

It was a pleasure to work with you all, and we look forward to the next time. 

FYI, I've posted an AAR/comment thread at

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29179.0

There is a link to some pictures, and I expect more pictures will appear in the next couple days.

FF
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey y'all,
It was a pleasure meeting both of you and sharing the burger on Saturday night.

I look forward to seeing you on the Appleseed trail again soon. We have a shoot coming up in Rising Fawn (in the Independent State of Dade) on May 12 - 13.  :)

Regards,
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

goose

My first Waco event...man, it's going to be hard to top this!  And, Karaoke, too!
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken