News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elverson, PA Jun 9-10, 2012

Started by GEmanuel, June 09, 2012, 08:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEmanuel

Shooters you did an excellent job in bringing a "teachable attitude" with you to the shoot and on behalf of all of your instructors a big 'thank you' is in order.
Steve congratulations on shooting a Rifleman score and earning your patch, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Dan, nice job on cleaning the Saturday AM Red Coat and receiving your 1st Pennsylvania Rifles patch.
I appreciate the safe manner in which all of you conducted yourselves throughout the weekend, especially given the 91 degrees on Sunday. Quite a change from the 57 degrees of Monday.
Thank you also once again to Northern Chester County Sportsmans Club for their continuing support of Project Appleseed and the dedicated volunteer club members who help us in our efforts to provide the absolute best Marksmanship Instruction and Heritage Education. We appreciate all you do.
Take care and persist,
George
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

lprgcfrank

Here are the photo's I took
Dan getting his PA Rifle Regiment patch for cleaning the first redcoat of the day.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

MTechnik

I want to thank Greg, Mal, Frank and Alex for running an excellent Appleseed.  This was my first, but will not be my last.  Thanks for the coaching, instruction, history, and camaraderie.  It took a few AQT runs, but I managed to get my Rifleman patch. 

Also, thanks to the fellow students.  I've never been in such a mixed class, but everything ran smoothly and safely - can't ask for anything better.

SSG Platz

I would like to thank all the students that made it out this past weekend for making it a fun and safe shoot,it's always a pleasure to teach people who are open minded and eager to learn. With that said, Congradulation on that rifleman patch Steve, I hope to see an orange hat on your head in the near future, thanks to the VonTrap, I mean Miller family you always seem to make every shoot you attend interesting, as well as attract Alex's, Bob you make a fine rifle, all it lacks is a sling!  Little Alex NPOA, we're gonna get orange hats on your whole family before we're don with you guys!  And Seth than you for letting me fire your 2 round burst AR 15 before you swapped your trigger group back. Check out the Wilson combat tatical match trigger its nice, a complete drop in, and it's not super expensive, just under $300 I think. Next clinic in PA you make it out to just let me know and I'll let you try mine if you want to check it out before you spend that kinda money. Dan keep with it and we'll get you an orange hat as well, I gave you my email don't be afraid to hit me up, any excuse I can find to go to the range I'm there! I belong to 2 different ones so the balls in your court now.... Oh, and i cant forget Jay Bird, FOLLOWTHROUGH! And that other thing i told you to......., And to the Infamous Wrath and Ruin, it was a pleasure finally getting to meet you guys, and the only advice I can give you is "Loop Up".  I'll be adding pictures tomorrow so tune in tomorrow, same Bat time same Bat chanel.

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

mal

It was a pleasure to meet everyone at NCCSC.  My only regret was not raiding the 1st bay to work with some of you over there. 

George, nicely done.  Your opening & closing quotes were touching.  I may have to borrow that idea for my own use!

To the shooters on the line, well done.  91 degrees, muggy as all get-out & very intense sun, yet you guys hopped to the line, bellies in the dust every time.  We had at least 2 maybe 3 in the 2nd bay go home with burn or abrasion blisters from rifles you could fry an eye on.  You guys bandaged up & kept on going.  Lesser people very well may have packed up or sat out. 

Alex, thanks for the weed whacker, rake, broom, etc.  Your handiness & efforts are very much appreciated.  And that goes for everyone.  Thanks for helping in the range restoration.  I know you guys were hot & tire, but you all helped get the range back in order quickly.

Congrats Steve on the Rifleman score & Dan on cleaning the redcoat.  Well done guys!  For the others, don't give up.  Practice the fundamentals:  steady hold factors, the 6-steps, NPOA.  You need it all.  Dry fire at home.  It really does work.

For those that asked.  Custom made shooting jackets:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26523.0

mal
~
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

RMSR

Mel, would I be able to use your 10/22 at Manheim this weekend June 16, 17 2012?

Bob Miller, as Alex P put it - from the (VonTrap Family)

GEmanuel

A few Pictures at Elverson
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine