News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY 21-22 April, 2012

Started by calfret, April 23, 2012, 02:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calfret

We had a wonderful shoot despite the chill and damp.  It rained a little on Saturday, but that didn't hold the shooters back!  They took well to the instruction, really seemed to get into the history, and enjoyed shooting without complaint.  We had 12 shooters on Saturday, 6 of which returned on Sunday to practice what they were taught.  We made two new riflemen on Sunday, and ended the day with some fun steel shooting at 100 yards.  Congratulations to our new rifleman and riflewoman!  O0 
"No school or course I have attended (military or civilian) teaches the basics and pushes you to master them as well as Appleseed."
-Boltgun71

MOLON LABE

The instructor were of the highest quailty. Each one took their time no mater how many times to took to get that safety to turn its self on.... I will be doing another one of theses and if I can get to a 210 I will be getting a orange hat.
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." -- Captain John Parker, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

Calfret, you are the epitome of efficiency in getting this AAR up so quick, thank you.  An all-around great job at this shoot.  I am going to steal your genius range finding demo. 

I want to thank all the shooters who showed up for this one; it is citizens like you who will make a positive difference in your communities: 

Jeff, thanks for bringing Kara and Krista out, and Curtis, thanks for bringing Lillie and Grace.  You guys are to be commended.  And you four girls; thanks for coming with your dads and spending your Saturday with us.  I hope you come again soon.  Hopefully the weather will be a little more pleasant next time.  Don't give up!

Keith and Jeremy- you displayed great attitudes and great improvement.  I prescribe lots of dry practice and Ball & Dummy.  Keep persisting and I hope to see you both on the line again soon.

Emily- what can I say?  You made my weekend!  You were a joy to work with.  Congratulations on getting your patch at your first Appleseed and beginning the journey.

Adam- nicely done young man!  Congrats on your Rifleman badge as well!  Please pass along the story of your Appleseed adventure to others, just as it was passed on to you.

Don the Steel Killer- you are almost there.  You have the skills and knowledge.  Persevere and you will be a Rifleman soon. 

Mark- You are almost there as well.  I hope to see you again real soon.  I must apologize to you as I thought I got pictures of everyone on Sunday.  How about next Appleseed I get a picture of you receiving your Rifleman patch?

Thanks to Edheler who came all the way from Pennsylvania to be with us.   You did a great job.  Looking forward to your next visit to the Blue Grass.

Andre- thanks for coming from Indiana and bringing the steel for us to play with, and thanks for your great creativity displayed in so many ways.  Always a pleasure to work with you.

ChuckS- outstanding job as always.  You were a blessing all weekend.

Son of Liberty-  I appreciate your no-nonsense, get-it-done attitude.  You are a great asset to the KY instructor corps as well.

(Unfortunately I forgot all about pictures on Saturday.  All pictures below were taken on Sunday.)
http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii592/ProjectAppleseedKentucky/Knob%20Creek%20April%2021-22%202012/

UL

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: MOLON LABE on April 23, 2012, 08:14:38 PM
The instructor were of the highest quailty. Each one took their time no mater how many times to took to get that safety to turn its self on.... I will be doing another one of theses and if I can get to a 210 I will be getting a orange hat.

That's what I like to hear!  I will hold you to that!

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

ChuckS

Good group of shooters who hung in there through the damp windy cold.

The youngsters were all troopers - great to see them out with their dads.

Good to meet and work with some different AS IIT faces - appreciate especially the out of staters making the trip.

And as always, the pleasure of seeing new Riflemen (and women! Go Emily!).

Edheler

It was great to come down to Kentucky! Before I arrived, I had no idea I was going to the range which holds the famous machine-gun shoots. The weather certainly tried to keep us chilled to the bone with that downright cold breeze but everyone persisted.

What a great group of students. I was amazed that Adam had only heard of Appleseed a couple of days before and then became our first shooter to score rifleman on Sunday. Then Emily shot her riflewoman score on the very next AQT! Everyone else was making excellent progress and I see rifleman patches in their future.

It was also great to see different explanations and examples than I was used to. I definitely learned a lot and will be taking back what I learned to Pennsylvania and Ohio. I am now beginning to understand how much I have to learn and it just makes me look forward even more to my next discovery.

Unbridled Liberty, if you ever need help feel free to let me know. I will come down if I can and look forward to visiting Kentucky again. :)

thoricuncle

We had a great time and are making plans for Carollton in August.

The girls were passed out by the time we hit the highway.  A day outside in the chill can take it out of you.

Thanks for all of the Instructors, Shoot Boss and Instructors in training. 

Special thanks to the guys who loaned us rifles. 

boadicea

UL, thank you thank you thank you!  You're awesome.
Calfret, thank you thank you thank you!

(this is Em - and yeah, I know my handle namesake lived before there were rifles, but she was a BADASS.)

I can't thank you enough.  I'm saving up for a 22/10 now so I can do another Appleseed.  Also I'm going to practice at home with the bigger rifle (unloaded) so I can get the hang of slinging and unslinging it and working the hardware.  One day I'd like to qualify with that one over iron sights.

I'm almost over my cold...

boadicea

And kudos to the girls, they were troopers.  They hung in there in the cold without complaining.  If only all kids were that mature and self-motivated. You rock!  I hope I see you at another AS.