News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion, IL - April 28-29, 2012

Started by dond, April 28, 2012, 11:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This is just a brief introductory report. It's getting late tonight. Beautiful day, 17 shooters. Two new Riflemen on the only AQT Saturday. One was a first time Appleseeder. Can't wait until tomorrow.  ^:)^
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

olefido

Thanka for a good two days, Don. Also, thanks for the advice on getting a 10/22 and the accesories to get. Looking forward to next time.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

dond

Well tomorrow has come and gone. And it was a great day too. Everyone returned for the second day. Furthermore, most of the shooters had also attended the previous Appleseed at this location. Three more Riflemen were made this day. And another shooter had a 204 and would have gone over the top except for a malfunction. Others were also very close. And we got a new Orange Hat, a lady who is a great shooter and will make a great instructor ^:)^

I am especially proud of one older shooter whose high score at the event last year was 97. This time, even with a bad back which made transitions difficult, became a Rifleman. He had been practicing.  ^:)^

A college student, a young lady and first time Appleseeder, shot the highest score of the day; a 226, followed up with a 223.  ^:)^

The club was most cooperative and is looking forward to the next event.

And you're certainly welcome olefido. We'll see you there next time.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Mutti

This was a wonderful event. Everyone so willing to have a "Teachable Attitude".

Still working on the Photos for everyone. You can look over here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22465254@N04/

Let me know if you need copies.

mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

RiflesnReins

QuoteThis was a wonderful event. Everyone so willing to have a "Teachable Attitude".

Mutti I second that. I had a great time and it was great meeting everyone. Here is the link to some more photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64166653@N04/7129438213/in/photostream

Congrats to all of the Rifleman this weekend. ..:..
Thanks everyone for making my first Shoot being an Instructor fun.
I hope to meet everyone again on the trail.
Keep up the good work.

Until next time. :---
RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

KD Cat

My first Appleseed as a blue-hat and (thankfully) I do not think I messed things up too bad!
I am happy that we have 5 more Riflemen. Congrats to you  ;D

KD Cat. 
When a man loves cats, I am his friend without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

Steck

Great photos, Mutti!

Everyone learned a *lot* at Marion, what a great group.

Big thanks to the whole crew, will see you out on the trail with a new (and, yes, JP, too-bright) orange hat.

-Steck

JPL

Thank you everyone for a great weekend.  Although I could only attend on Sunday, this was one of the more enjoyable Appleseeds I have attended!  As always, I met a lot of great people and hope our paths cross again one day.