News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alton, IL April 28-29, 2012 AAR

Started by Wurstmacher, April 30, 2012, 10:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

Six new Appleseeders showed up for this weekend's event.  We escaped the rain on Saturday, as the radar showed fronts moving through the area north and south of us.  Heavy storms from Saturday night lingered for the morning on Sunday. 
A.R. will be taking a Blue Hat.  She helped out with some instruction.  She did a good job of dummying  positions and when pressed, reviewed the safety rules, safe rifle and 6 steps of firing a shot on Sunday morning.  Thank you. 

Woold worked his second shoot as an IIT.  A couple of DOM's and a day and a half of calling the line did him good.  That is one good thing about a small shoot like this.  Everybody gets a lot of work.  Thanks for having rubber boots, as it saved the shoot boss from having to get his feet wet to tighten up the line after the series of storms that went through on Saturday night.

"This is the most comfortable I have felt all weekend," said Doug, after trying a loop sling on Sunday.  That is why they come so highly recommended.

No riflemen this weekend , but John and Gary were close with 190's and a 205.  Nice groups, but not always on target.  They and Doug  purchased Rifleman Opportunity Cards, so we will see them again.

Please feel free to post your experiences.

wooldl

It was good to see the expressions when someone had their "ah hah" moment.....whether it was with the use of a loop sling or the realization that they could change mags with their trigger hand instead of their support hand and shave off enough time to get all the rounds off in Stages 2 & 3. I think a few of these shooters will be Riflemen on their next shoot.  O0 It was a pleasure working with all of them.

Thanks to Wurstmacher for running a great shoot and letting me call the line as much as I did, it was great practice. It was also good working with A.R. at this shoot. She did an awesome job dummy-ing positions, going over steady hold factors and teaching some history. O0 O0 Way to go A.R.!

wooldl

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

wooldl

Some pics from Saturday.
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

Lightfoot66

Scored a target after I got home and dried out and had a 207.  The rain had us on the run.