News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19 Arizona Libraryseeds - check in!

Started by azmule, March 11, 2012, 11:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

Tucson is scheduled; Murphy-Wilmot Library large meeting room - 6-8pm

Anybody planning one in the Phoenix area or Sierra Vista?
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

azmule

Tucson area Instructors/IITs/Applecore...

Who is available to help with the April 19 presentation at Murphy-Wilmot?  I could use some help posting 3-Strikes posters around town this week too.

AZbinary

I just can't make my work schedule cooperate for the 19th.  Can I help with prep or something prior to the event?

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

Fred

Guys, this part of the program is so important that I wouldn't let "not being able to do [one] on April 19th" get in the way of doing one.

April 18th? Fine.

April XXth? Fine.

XYZ month? Fine.

PS: I admire the spirit of trying to get as many as possible going for April 19th! A worthy effort! Hats off to all of you! O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

azmule

I hear ya Fred, but time in this particular room was scheduled right after we did the last one, with the plan being that the Mrs. and I will be there at a minimum - if others are able to join the fun, even better; but if not, it's still covered.  (She's agreed to wrap up by leading the Wedding Portrait that Never Was this month if there's time.)

I realize that 6 pm is a bit early on a weeknight for many working folks in Tucson, but the library requires us to be cleaned up and cleared out before 8, and starting at 6 is already pushing it considering the Q&A and discussion the previous ones here have generated.

AZB, I've sent notices to the Weekly and the Daily Star, and have posted 3-strike fliers on whatever public bulletin boards I could find (and in the windows of some business' before I ran out of Saturday) from 4th Ave. out to the eastside around where the library is located.  I'll be posting several on the UA campus this week.  I have not yet hit any gunshops, milsurp stores, or the like, as I've been trying to concentrate what little promo time I have on those folks *unlikely* to ever set foot on a range, but feel free to cover those and anyplace else you can think of - I think I've got a dozen or so 3-strikes fliers left, just let me know where to hand them off.  Also, can you think of any other event calendars in town that people actually read besides the Weekly and Star?

PaxxAZ

Any fliers with dates you can send me a copy of so that my Girl Friend can post at work?

As I am in Phoenix, a bit of a commute, she is working long hours so she is not sure but might attend. She really liked the last one. 
There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

azmule

I've been posting the colorful pre-printed 3-Strikes fliers with the time and place hand-written in the appropriate boxes, but a quick trip to the promo thread revealed a flier that someone else made for theirs, modified and attached.