News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Manheim, PA - 2012 April 14-15

Started by mal, April 16, 2012, 08:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Though it was not a Patriot's Day Shoot across the country, it was at Manheim this week.  With great weather over the weekend, except, perhaps the light rain Sunday morning, we had a nice turnout of 16 on Saturday & 12 Sunday.  It was also a great family event.  We had a husband/wife team, a grandfather/grandson team as well as 3 sets of fathers sons on the line. 

We did have only 1 make Rifleman this weekend, Art with a score of exactly 210.  You know what that means...(pic below).  Congrats, Art! 

Art is also a local blogger who has written a very nice blog about his weekend with us, chock full o' pics.  Thank you very much for capturing the essence of Appleseed.  The blog is located here:
http://carteach0.blogspot.com/2012/04/appleseed-two-days-of-well-spent-time.html

Of notable mention was Mark, a Sunday-only participant at his first Appleseed scoring a 208 on his very first QDAQT.  Nicely done.

Also Gabriel, our 2nd youngest shooter (I think!) on the line at his first Appleseed scoring a very remarkable 206.  Great job!

I would also like to mention, we had 2 of our young participants both get burned pretty well with flying hot brass.  Both handled it exceptionally well, maintaining perfect muzzle discipline while dealing with it.  Ian has a perfect .22LR scar on his forearm & Gabe caught one inside his safety glasses, sporting a welt under his eye.  Thank you both!

And as promised, link for USMC Style Shooting Jackets by madebymcron:
    http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26523.0

Thank you all for coming.  I do hope to see you all next month.  Don't forget to dry fire!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Sunday participants:
Andy, Josh, Ian, Gregg, Steve, Harry, RoverAce (kneeling), Scott, Zack, Jeff, Gabriel, Kevin & Julian.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Art Welling shot a 210 & received the Rifleman patch from Greg (Tatical308)...

...and then was promptly baptized with water bottled from under the North Bridge.

Congrats Art!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

After Greg's excellent history & demo of the Pennsylvania Long Rifle, he offered the opportunity for the participants to fire a volley into the oncoming lobster-backs.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Greg also brought another special treat for us, a Sharps 45-70 'buffalo rifle', perhaps most recognized in this generation as the rifle used by Quigley in the Tom Selleck movie "Quigley Down Under".
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

After the event concluded, Art & I brought out some extra-curricular enjoyment.  Art allowed those who hung around to try out his very nice M1 Garand while I broke out the latest addition to my equipment, an M1A. 

These young guys handled those 10lb, 30 cals like troopers!

Gabe, Ian, you forgot to sling up!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

Carteach

Thanks for a great shoot, and good lessons in marksmanship.   

I've bookmarked the site for the nice lady building jackets, and when the spare change adds up I shall purchase one. 

Art

Carteach

A few pictures from the shoot....