News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Event Coordination - Harvard 4/21-4/22

Started by aim, April 14, 2012, 03:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

Since there does not appear to be a special place for this (mods, please correct me if I'm wrong), I thought we should have a thread for instructors/IITs to coordinate who brings what where.

My contribution:

On Saturday, 4/21, I will be coming in from Western MA in a vehicle that can take 4 more passengers and will have plenty of space for "stuff". Passengers welcome, PM to coordinate.

On Saturday, 4/21, I can bring dogs, buns, and chips, but will have no grill or condiments. Advice regarding quantity would be appreciated.

On Saturday, 4/21, I can deliver any of the strikes if there are no other takers (goodpiper, I *always* appreciate your delivery! Imprinting, I guess...)

On Saturday, 4/21, in the way of miscellaneous supplies, I can bring pushpins (no stapler), duct tape, and a sledge hammer, if necessary. Lupis42, what else do we need? The current registered number of shooters stands at 7 and I hope to bring one more along. Loaner rifles? Mats? I always have a spare pair of ears/eyes/batteries and simple tools/cleaning rods on hand.

One week to go!

Shiny!

Kaylee

We will be coming in Saturday and Sunday from Arlington area. We may be able to take a passenger from Battle Road area - PM and I'll check.

I have water,  some historical goodies for story time, but no firearms equipment.

MetalgodZ

I will be there. Still trying to encourage a couple people to make it, so I don't know whether my two loaners will be available or whether I'll have space to bring anyone.

lupis42

I've put in a request for the Harvard folks to get us the lunch truck, but no word yet.

We've got a few IITs coming who might want to volunteer for a strike or two, or at least DOM, right guys? 

I've got two loaners, both spoken for, but I can ask Ross about his should the need arise, so don't be shy about bringing people who don't have rifles.

Those who are available to help set up the lines, try to get there between 7 and 7:30.  I'll have doughnuts & coffee to go around.
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

MetalgodZ

I've been dealing with construction, an unemployed (but recently re-employed) wife, legal B.S. regarding her layoff, 10-15 hrs of OT/week, and random trips to NC with zero notice. I'll be lucky to be there, sane, and not  shipped to NC in the middle of it.

I'll have a loaner AR in .22 and .223, as well as a loaner 10/22 with irons if I can find the time to verify function before Saturday.

voidoid

I'm sure lupis42 will send us all a PM shortly, but I'll bring a shoot box (it's probably 90% complete), 2 loaners, tools and Loc-tite, duct tape, etc. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!  I have been pushing AS to everyone I see on the lines at Harvard the past few months.  There was also an announcement in the weekly email flyer to HSC members.  I hope to see a full line(s).
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

dwarven1

Wow... day late and a dollar short, that's me. Didn't see this until now.

Aim, this is an EXCELLENT idea and we should start one for each shoot. Not too soon to start coordinating for Leyden next month. Since May is blackfly season, who's bringing the DDT and the fogger trucks?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON