News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

1st PA Rifles

Started by SSG Platz, April 11, 2012, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSG Platz

Hay Chainsaw, got the artwork for the patch we were talking about the other day.  I also changed the order volume, that way it went from $12.00-to $2.00 or so, big difference! Let me know what you think, anyone else feel free to comment as well attached is the artwork.

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

SSG Platz

Thanks, I will PM you once they are in, and I will make sure you are the first to get some!
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

TomM1Thumb

How does one Qualify to get one of these patches?

Or can one just be ordered?

Born and raised in PA

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

mal

Hey!  Nice patch!  So, uh, yeah... how does one go about purchasing one (or a few) of these?
Son of a... I *just* had my jacket sent out to finally get my patches sewn on...
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Charles McKinley

I'm in.  Have an Ohio patch from the IBC tha needs balanced out.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

SSG Platz

Fantastic news everyone, the only thing you have to do to get one of these bad boys is to be a PA Appleseeder!
If your a Red hat or above you get one for free. I currently working with chainsaw to work out the longistics for that.

If your coming to the IBC on memorial day weekend you will get one for free!

If you come to one of our upcoming shoots in Autobon or Elverson and can "clean the red coat" you get one for free!

Any one else that wants one its going to be $3.00 and that's shipping included. They are about approxamitly 8 business days from being completed you are all welcome to pre order if you wish PM me if you are interested and I will give you payment info!

~PlatzOut~

SSG Platz

Hay Everyone Fantastic news, I just received the a Picture of the Sewn Proof and approved it, so 4 business days and they will be on their way Here!

Attached is a pitcure of the actual patch

Charles McKinley

Sweet!  I'll wait and pick mine up in person! 

Thanks

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

asminuteman

mail went out this morning
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

SSG Platz

Awesome, should be to the house by Friday, told them that I needed them for the Appleseed it Autobon this weekend and they said that they will try to get them to me by then.

~PlatzOut~

SSG Platz

Latest update, should be to the house by Friday, but no later than Sat. I know we have all seen the pictures on the computer, but I'm really excited to get this thing in my hands and see it in person. I think it's going to be awesome!

SSG Platz

Sorry guys, got to the house tonight around 10pm from Audubon and still no patches.... Hopefully they will be here Monday. If you are an instructor (Red Hat, and above) and you want your free one, before I happen to see you at the next shoot PM me your address and I will get it out to you as soon as I get them, if you don't care, I'll see you when I see you and just give it to you then.

~PlatzOut~

SSG Platz

Attention all! The patches are in! Attached are a few pictures.  Also anyone that, ordered them from me via PM yours will be out in tomorrows mail.

~PlatzOut~

Arrigetch

Alex, great meeting you at Palmerton this weekend, and fantastic patch!

Tom -- apparently the original flag is hanging the the State Museum of Pennsylvania (not the State House like I incorrectly told you):

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeei5e7/thefirstparegiment/id3.html

Excerpt:

QuoteThe Regimental Flag
     The Regiment's flag is a deep green field with a crimson center square. In the square is a hunter with a spear, a lion in a snare and the regimental motto in Latin: "Domari Nolo", i.e. "I refuse to be subjugated". The flag was described in a letter dated March 8, 1776 from Lieutenant-Colonel Edward Hand to James Yates of Lancaster, Pennyslvania. The original flag hangs in the Pennsylvania State Museum in Harrisburg, PA.

SSG Platz

Alright everyone, the 1st PA Rifles patch has been fielded for about 2 months and seems to be a big hit, I only have about 15 or so left and it looks like we may go through the ones currently in circulation so I'm going to Make another order soon, now with that said if there are at least a few people who are interested I was thinking about a color varent of the patch ( red on green, instead of green on green), let me know what you guys think color or keep it the same.

~PlatzOut~

Invictus Maneo

Just earned my orange hat yesterday. Huzzah! 7th generation Western Pennsylvanian.
Thanks for doing the legwork on this patch. Very frustrated trying to find the flags of Colonial Pennsylvania. My G-G-G-Grandfather Sergeant Hugh Foster served the cause in the 8th Pennsylvania Continentinal Line under Captain Abraham Smith.  6th Penna. Cont. Line, App. Feb. 2, 1776, under Capt. Abraham Smith.
also
Foster, Hugh - 8th Class found in: MUSTER ROLL OF CAPTAIN WALTER McKINNEY'S COMPANY - 8th Company, 4th Battalion of the Cumberland County, PA Militia est. 13 May 1782. Copied from the PA Archives, 3rd Series, Volume 23, pages 776-778

Please send info regarding ordering this patch.
Thank you for your efforts.
Pax,
Lee
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

EZ3

IM,

What happened is, I forgot to give you one.  At least I remembered the Rifleman patch and the orange hat!  Thanks again for your persistence, and for stepping up!  Look for a PM soon regarding something else I forgot to do RE: your orange hat.  I'll get you the 1st PA patch the next time I see you.

EZ3 
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

SSG Platz

Nobody commented on this, so I think it got overlooked, so with that said....
"Bump"

Quote from: SSG Platz on June 18, 2012, 07:37:01 PM
Alright everyone, the 1st PA Rifles patch has been fielded for about 2 months and seems to be a big hit, I only have about 15 or so left and it looks like we may go through the ones currently in circulation so I'm going to Make another order soon, now with that said if there are at least a few people who are interested I was thinking about a color varent of the patch ( red on green, instead of green on green), let me know what you guys think color or keep it the same.

~PlatzOut~

GEmanuel

I would not change the color. We already have patches in the field and I am not sure changing them would serve any purpose. Let's keep them as they are.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

SSG Platz

I like the OD myself, but Chainsaw had mentioned it awhile back, when they first debuted, so now that it's close to time to order more I figured I would put some feelers out there.

~PlatzOut~

Chainsaw

Quote from: SSG Platz on June 20, 2012, 12:48:54 AM
I like the OD myself, but Chainsaw had mentioned it awhile back, when they first debuted, so now that it's close to time to order more I figured I would put some feelers out there.

~PlatzOut~

No, the color is OK.  My only comment was that you can't read the words.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

SSG Platz

I believe the center part is suppose to be a little bigger if that is corrected it may make it a litter easier to read.

~PlatzOut~

SSG Platz

Ok, had a couple of people tell me that they were running low on patches, so I just put in another order. The color  skeam will remaine the same but I am making the center 30% bigger and also changing g the back to the iron on plastic backing, seems that most people are just sewing this on, and it also in my openion anyway makes for a more durable feel to the patch. I can just add a piece of velcro to a few of the New ones for myself.

Let me know if any of you guys are running low, or just want to re up I can mail them to you guys out in the wilderness and for all the guys in the civilized region I  will be seeing you at your next shoot more than likely, or another option is at IkD in sept.

~PlatzOut~ 

mal

Score me another 8-10 or so.  I seem to be handing these out more than Rifleman patches.  Not sure if that's good or bad...
But, i love the idea of these.  Great job, Alex.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

SSG Platz

Thanks, it seems people like these more than the rifleman patches. I guess it's the stirring story we tell before they engage the red coat. Everybody enjoys owning a piece of history.

~PlatzOut~

Charles McKinley

Alex,

Do you have patches I can order  I had a woman today one shot away from clearing a Red Coat and would have felt bad not having a patch to give her.

I would like to order 10 to have on hand.

Thanks,

Chuck

lprgcfrank

I need some more too - put me in for 30
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

GEmanuel

I'll take another batch also (10)
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Chainsaw

Sounds like we could use a sizeable reorder, on a counta I needem 2.

I'll take 10, 20, 30 or whatever.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo