News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru during a storm?

Started by Goofcat, March 24, 2012, 03:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goofcat

I signed up for this Sunday at piru. The weathman is predicting thunder storms through out the day. Does the range close down during weather like this? There a stream crossing on the way in. Will I be able to get back out after a day of rains?

Mr Pete

Yo Goofcat!

Long time no see...

The range doesn't close and in fact last week we were out there in the rain and hail.  There isn't a stream that crosses the road although it might seem that way.  Glen Helen is like that but Piru is not.  You should be able to get in and out of there...I regularly drive my Mazda5 (mini-van) up to Piru.

One HUGE suggestion.  Park at the bottom of the hill on the grass or asphalt.  Last Saturday I got stuck in the mud and had to wait until Sunday to get it out.

Call me if you have any questions.  PM if you need my number again.

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Johnnyappleseed

I would bet the boys at Valley Forge  are looking down with a smile at the dedication of those who brave rain, hail, cold , heat , wind and other elements Appleseeders persisit through to honor those folks who so suffered so much for liberty  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Foppish Dandy

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on April 05, 2012, 12:13:04 PM
I would bet the boys at Valley Forge  are looking down with a smile at the dedication of those who brave rain, hail, cold , heat , wind and other elements Appleseeders persisit through to honor those folks who so suffered so much for liberty  O0

JohnnyAppleseed... you get a chance to see the pics of Soggybubble (Andy) getting his patch that Sunday? Talk about persistence and the heart of a Rifleman! They're all up in the AAR.
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)