News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR for Lake George, NY IBC 31 Mar-1 Apr 2012

Started by Nickle, April 03, 2012, 12:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickle

Well, I was the Shoot Boss for this IBC, and we did things in a totally new format.

That said, I'll let the folks that were there tell you about it.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Nickle

Oh, I realized the place to thank the students and the Instructors for this event is here, rather than the IAAR.

So, I wish to thank the students for coming, and bringing good attitudes and open minds, and for your input and participation.

I also wish to thank the Instructors that came to assist. Couldn't have pulled it off as nice as it went without you.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Smurf

The Lake George IBC was an excellent event!!!! The staff of instructors was knowledgeable, helpfull and experienced. They gave a lot of information at the seminar and much more to study later. It was a valuable weekend of education. The real measure will be the results with the Appleseed students. And yes, "It was like drinking brine from a fire hose"!!!!

LittleMo

This was another excellent learning experience, learning from both a Master Instructor and the SB's and RHI's. As Smurf said, they were all very helpfull, and gave us all tips to use while instructing at an Appleseed. Thank you all!

And lets not forget a big Thank you to the IITs for coming to learn because, after all, a Rifleman never stops learning!

Thank you to Dunham's Bay Rod and Gun Club for being very supportive and letting us use their facility for this IBC. :bow:

Quote from: Smurf on April 03, 2012, 10:33:14 PM
And yes, "It was like drinking brine from a fire hose"!!!!

"brine"?   Hmmm.... I think its "water". Besides water tastes better than brine.   ;D

Gary

(pictures to follow)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

LittleMo

Pictures from the Lake George IBC

LittleMo

Michele, Sue, and Smurf designated 3 honorary IIT0s for this event. (I don't know if Nickle was aware of them doing this!)  One of these got into the group picture somehow. Hint -  one of the ones standing in the back row of the group pictures posted above.  :cool2:

The Mrs.

Thank you to all involved.  MI, SB's, RHI's and IIT's alike.  :bow: :bow: Much was shared, and much was learned.

The clearing of the line from hell was very helpful.  Thanks to the instructors who shared their "toys", so as to enable the IIT's to get a sense as to how to clear so many different rifles.  No doubt I will need to ask some shooter in the future about their particular fire arm, but this sure was helpful!!

Only "opportunity for improvement" was of my own making.  Yup...brain frag :bomb:

Thanks, to Dunham's Bay.  They have a great facility and are always supportive of us at AS.

Hope to see everyone on the trail.....hopefully sooner rather than later!!
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

R1SGx2

Thank you Team Northeast for making this happen,
from the IIT's who attended to the Shoot Boss and Cadre.

Was a full weekend of learning, mentoring and for me to sit back and
watch the next line of instructors coming forward.

The Shoot Boss and RH's had so much to share, and watching the
IIT's taking it all in. All eager to learn.

Thank you NYRASGT and Dakota30 for the pastries and Dakota30 for lunch,
Dakota30 cooking outside on gas grill she brought was a nice touch,
having something warm to eat on a chilly Northeast weekend.

Dunhams Bay Rod and Gun Club, very nice place and the Board of Directors
are very nice to Appleseed. Thank you Dunhams Bay.

All the IIT's came prepared. was nice to see everyone work so well together,
and the history telling, nice job by all.

Thank you all for allowing me to be part of your weekend.

And thank you for all you do.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Josey Wales

..Great Job Team NY!!.. Glad to see NY teamwork unfold.... Bless...

..Gas grill? Hot food? Cooking..... Sounds delicious!!..

..I like Nickle's new look....Green Mountain Boys!!

......Strength & Honor..............Josey Wales..........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Spartan

It was a great experiance!!!  All those pastries you guys brought and twisting my arm to eat them and the lunches each day.  I am not suprised I gained 5 pounds.  I was impressed by the POI and the efforts of the IITs to learn and master the skills presented. NYARSG gave a great pitch on the CMP and that new shirt looks great! Thanks to all.
"With your shield or on it"

dakota30

:bow: I too say thank you to Nickle and our line of instructors, SB's, RHI's and also all of the IIT's that were there to share knowledge and AS wisdom!!  :bow:

I was happy to have all of the instruction given to us completely in one weekend. Studying on my own works, and is an okay way to learn, but getting an introduction to many different rifles that I've never seen, and "clearing" them gives me confidence for my next AS. As well as the TPI instruction....things to help get our instruction point across, that i never would have thought of!!!
Thank you ALL for your guidance and support during the history presentation part of our weekend. i really do struggle in front of an audience....but you all made seem so simple.
Again, thank you. Look forward to seeing everyone on the trail!!!!