News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elberton, GA AAR - March 17/18, 2012

Started by shaftoe, March 20, 2012, 05:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaftoe

What a fantastic weekend.  The rain held off and this group of shooters had a great time while exhibiting great marksmanship. 

We had two riflemen, Bill and Kip.  Both are excellent shooters and men who clearly know very well what they are about.

This shoot was our first time at Elberton County Gun Club.  This facility is housed around an old granite quarry and is one of the most beautiful ranges around.  We look forward tremendously to being back and working with the fine range staff.  Any instructor who works this range should consider taking the opportunity to spend an extra day shooting skeet here.

It was a special pleasure working with shooters like Melissa and Joseph who persevered over both days and showed marked improvement.   

Thank you all for coming out and we hope to have you back at another Appleseed!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. --Edmund Burke

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  --Theodore Roosevelt

Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

shaftoe

Here are some pictures from the event.  More are to come.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. --Edmund Burke

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  --Theodore Roosevelt

Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

DrJohn

Congratulations to Col Barrett and Shaftoe for running an excellent inaugural event at the Elbert County range. All reports are that the event was a huge success and that Appleseed is being asked to return. Many thanks to our fine instructor cadre, and especially to our wonderful Georgia students, who do not cease to amaze me with their persistence, passion, and enthusiasm. Huzza!!!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

L0ck3

I look forward to returning to Elbert CGC. The large range is amazing and is a great place for future appleseeds. Congratulations to the new Riflemen.

Thanks to shaftoe for posting the pictures too.
Thanks.
L0ck3 (Tom)
310-709-5608
I am capital L zero c k three on Appleseed forum and LibertySeed forum.

Every man has a property in his own person. This nobody has a right to, but himself.
--John Locke

Government has no other end, but the preservation of property.
--John Locke