News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

24-25 MARCH 2012 Shoot at VTS-SMYRNA

Started by SuperDave#2, March 23, 2012, 08:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDave#2

Ladies and Gentlemen,,,

If you are coming to Smyrna this weekend please be aware that there will be a shake down at the front gate and to have all weapons ready for inspection with bolts to the rear and a chamber flag in with ammo in a ammo box or container of some sort opposite the weapon following TN Firearms Code for transportation of weapons and ammo... Also remember do not bring pistols or handguns unless you have them stored the same way as stated previous as you are entering a Military Installation ( even if you have a valid handgun carry permit ) ...

Weather Update :  Saturday : around noon is calling for Showers so please bring your wet weather gear
                              Sunday : Sunny to Partly Cloudy
                              http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/37167

I hope to see everyone on Saturday and Sunday as we are going to have a great time with hopefully many receiving their rifleman badge :)

WK2
DAVE WATROUS
SSG, TNARNG
OPERATIONS / TRAINING NCOIC
VOLUNTEER TRAINING SITE - SMYRNA - RANGE CONTROL

SuperDave#2

I would like to Thank everybody that came out this weekend and it was great meeting everyone... I wish the weather would have cooperated a little better on Saturday but Sunday made up for it...

I will let DrJohn and Ramblinwreck do the AAR and make any announcements for Rifleman :)

BigGear and RunnFree as always it's a pleasure and honor working the line with you guys and hope to see you both next month :)

DrJohn and Ramblinwreck I will have to make it down to your neck of the woods and either shoot or work the line at Rising Fawn and it was a honor to meet you both... Safe Travels my friends and Thank You for leading the shoot this weekend :)

Thank You again to everybody that made it out to shoot and it was a pleasure watching you guys learn and put the pieces together :)  Keep your powder dry and may your aim always be true !!!

SuperDave#2
DAVE WATROUS
SSG, TNARNG

Justsomedude

THANKS
(this is John by the way)

Great instructors.
Great facility (running water and a roof is 5 star for me).

I learned a ton and now I know what to work on.
See you again soon and I will shoot better (consistently!) next time :)

P.S.
There was an error on my score total on my best AQT.
I actually got a 200 but had a miss on Stage 3 and a miss on Stage 2 oops!

RunnFree

John please come out again, it was a pleasure working with.  Super Dave, as always, it was great teaming up with you.  Thanks a lot for all the prep work did for us.

Micah

SuperDave#2

John,,,

It was a pleasure working with you on your shooting skills and I hope to see you next month... You were knocking very hard on the Door and I believe next time you shoot the AQT you will have it in the bag... Remember to keep that finger on the trigger - slow squeeze-hold-follow through and never let it off until magazine change or you finished shooting that string... If not I am bringing some super glue  :P 

Take it easy,,, keep on dry firing and working on what you learned

Dave
DAVE WATROUS
SSG, TNARNG

Justsomedude

Will do sir.
And I'm ok with not making Rifleman on one good lucky run.
If I could shoot consistently like my best shots of the day then it will be easy.

All in due time :)
Thanks again

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm looking forward to working with the Tennessee instructor crew again in Smyrna. This time I'm bringing the whole family. My daughter Regan, Arwen on the forum, will get a new hat Saturday morning and Mrs Wreck (not the name she intends to use on the forum) will give it the old college try again to exceed the magic 210 mark. She's shooting 2 - 3 MOA at our range so this may be the event.  :)

If anyone is looking to advance please let me know and I'll give you assignments that fulfill the requirements.

See you soon.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Justsomedude

I just bought the last ticket for Sunday only.
See you there
John

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey John,
It will be great to have you on the line again. Keep dry firing and practicing your mag changes between now and the event. You should do well with all that practice.

Ben
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Armalite

Ben, If things work as planned I'll be there to help out at VTS. It will be good to see everyone again. Top rated facility, great shooters and I heard there will be not 1 but 3 Master rated Garand Instructors there. Don't want to miss that opportunity.

Armalite
"When the American spirit was in its youth, the language of America was different: Liberty, sir, was the primary object." -Patrick Henry

Ramblin' Wreck

"3 Master rated Garand Instructors there". Yep, that and $5 will get you a coffee at StarBucks.  :) One of these days we'll have an event where we can actually shoot "the finest battle implement ever devised by man."

Don't forget to send a PM to Instructor Scheduling to get on the instructor list.

See you there.

Ben