News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Piru 3/12

Started by Mr Pete, March 21, 2012, 09:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pete

Piru 3/12!

A rifleman deals with the situation presented.  On a cold and wet Saturday the Rifleman's tradition was continued.  Woof Doc, tony_stark, BuckleNose, Frank and PsychDoc joined gonejohnny, Cowgirl Ducky, myself and bob 210 for the Instructor's drink from the firehose.

Bob brought only a small portion of his experience to bear and it was more than most of us could absorb.  gonejohnny put it in perspective and said, "all that experience, imagine the literally thousands of students Bob has taught".

In the back of Bob's trailer we stuffed as many people as we could and executed as much as was possible.  It was so tight I don't even have pictures.  If an IBC is about camraderie...well we were forced into it.  Kudos to the students who came.  Overcoming nerves, fear, embarassment and all the gremlins that hold people back they stood up in front of a Master Instructor and did their best.  It definitely was a rocky start and we've all been there but confidence is something you build and by the end there was that stout transformation by experience.

We ended up moving to the conex to do SHF.  Again, not enough space but you do what you can.  By the end of the day the conex became our home and our kitchen for dinner.  The Piru conex is logistics West for Appleseed so if your targets smell like grilled meat you know why.

Neither hail nor rain nor gloom of cold will stay an MI from his accepted duty.  The pictures actually catch some of the hail that we had.  Each IIT stood up for their turn and didn't quit until the day was done.  Even trying to warm up by the fire was an ordeal as several times the rain overcame any amount of gasoline.  With no campfire the bitter cold, rain and wind ended the night early.

By Sunday we had hit our stride and were out in the cold sunshine.  My admiration goes out to all who attended.  Willpower is the deciding factor between desire and inertia.  Everybody earned their BC patch in conditions that will make most shoots a breeze.  Instructors bettered themselves and bettered Appleseed.  Besides showing seasoned instructors their mettle they proved it to themselves and I'm proud to be in an organization that has such people in it.

A tradition was upheld, a duty passed on and a responsibility accepted.

Piru 3/12!
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Foppish Dandy

Thanks for letting me come out and disrupt the IBC a bit with my photography. Here's a few of the couple hundred photos I took. Let me know if you want any full res copies or a different angle or anything... got tons more.
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Foppish Dandy

PsychDoc and his M1 Garand...

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Foppish Dandy

Cowgirl Ducky w/ PsychDoc's M1 Garand...

Foppish Dandy

Bob with his Brown Bess...

Rocket Man

Congrats to all the participants -- way to Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome.

I'm looking forward to you all carrying this momentum into April 19th.  Let's make it happen.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Psych Doc

Sam and Pete,

Thanks for all the great photos!

gonejohnny

Johnnyappleseed

One lifetime is not long enough to learn the gun culture .
But atending IBCs is a good start  O0
Thanx Bob and to all who participated , the founders were smiling with the conditions you all had ;)
I sure missed out on this one  :(

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Scott1600

AIO!   ^:)^ Great job all!  You were all in my thoughts last weekend, sorry I missed this one, but think I'll see some of you sooner than later!
-Scott
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.