News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elverson PA, March 10-11, 2012 AAR

Started by lprgcfrank, March 12, 2012, 10:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

We had 12 shooters out over the weekend to learn the fundamentals of Rifle marksmanship and how marksmanship made a difference in founding our country!

IT was a good safe shoot with typical March weather - 29 at the start of the day and low 60's by the end.  Layers were the word of the day!

We had 2 riflemen - Rhys with a 224 on Saturday topped by a 226 on Sunday!
Alex re-qualified with a 225. Since Rhys and Alex came in the same car - should have been an interesting conversation on the drive home as they were very competitive!

Many thanks to ALex coming up from VA to help instruct!

Congratulations to George on earning his instructors Red Hat and stepping up to be a Shoot Boss in Training (SBIT)!
Pictures to follow...
Please share your thoughts and comments.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

Photo's!
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

More Photo's

sgtrock

Hey Frank
Nice job and nice weather you guys had, good shooting, congratulations to the new riflemen, and a Big congratulations to George on the Redhat, Working with Frank I know you will be a Great Shoot Boss.

Hope to see you on the trail

sgtrock

GEmanuel

What a beautiful weekend! The weather was the best we have seen for an Appleseed all winter, and a great group of twentieth century patriots came to Elverson from as far as Massachusetts and Virginia to share it with us.
You were a wonderful group of shooters and I see a 'Rifleman' in each and every one of you.
Andrew, congratulations on being awarded the "William Diamond" patch. I am sure you will wear it proudly.
Alex and Rhys congratulations on shooting rifleman scores. Rhys your M1 made very sweet music and I wish you nothing but success with it. I am sure when Alex gets one you two will be dueling on AQTs. Come on back to Elverson, I would love to watch that show.
To Sgt Alex and Goodyear, thank you for your service, it was an honor sharing the line with you both, OOHRAH!
And a big well done to NCCSC for their support of the shoot! These guys are four square behind the program and are very much appreciated.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

btrbimmer

Much thanks to George and Frank.

Great event. I'm excited to apply what I learned and look forward to the next event.

-Brett