News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PALMERTON

Started by Livefreeusa, January 18, 2012, 09:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livefreeusa

Hi everyone,  I am PLEASED to say that we have (on the books) 3 AS shoots at Palmerton this year 2012 they are May 5th and 6th, July 7th and 8th, Sept. 8th and 9th.  Please post this in our books so we can get this filled up.  Any ??? contact Me.  We were Sch. for  four but you know how that goes  :wb:    Thanks all  Angelo "Livefreeusa"
If there must be trouble  let it be in my day  so my child can live in peace

Chainsaw

Thanks Ang, I'll give you a call tonight.

-Tom
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

rus23

I live close by and am thinking of attending in May.  My son is 14 and has a 10/22 he shoots in the backyard.  I am working on him now, but he's got that 14 year old attitude...  Any words of advice?  Any other parents /kids going? 

The 10/22 he has just has the stock sights on it, it shoots left of the aimpoint.  Are there any fixed sights (aftermarket) available for this that someone can reccomend?

I would like to take the course as well.  I have a couple different rifles, my old 22 is not quite right.  It is not a very consistent gun.  Is the 500 round estimate a required amount?  The cost of shooting a 308 or 22-250 500 times, $$$$, second thoughts about bringing one of them.  Its cheaper for me to go buy myself a 10/22 and a brick of ammo. 

Chainsaw

Quote from: rus23 on March 17, 2012, 10:45:23 AM
I live close by and am thinking of attending in May.  My son is 14 and has a 10/22 he shoots in the backyard.  I am working on him now, but he's got that 14 year old attitude...  Any words of advice?  Any other parents /kids going? 

The 10/22 he has just has the stock sights on it, it shoots left of the aimpoint.  Are there any fixed sights (aftermarket) available for this that someone can reccomend?

I would like to take the course as well.  I have a couple different rifles, my old 22 is not quite right.  It is not a very consistent gun.  Is the 500 round estimate a required amount?  The cost of shooting a 308 or 22-250 500 times, $$$$, second thoughts about bringing one of them.  Its cheaper for me to go buy myself a 10/22 and a brick of ammo.

Sometimes just having someone other than a parent doing the instructing helps.

Tech-Sights (http://www.tech-sights.com/) are wonderful.

I wouldn't hesitate buying another .22.  Like you said the ammo costs alone justifes it.  A Marlin 795 is even cheaper $99 on sale.

You can certainly bring the big gun and shoot those as much as your budget allows.  Some folks do just that, .22 most of the weekend, then a pricier caliber on Sunday afternoon.

You'l;l want to spend some time here: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_prepare.html

..lots of info on how to get ready.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

rus23

Just ordered the TSR200 from tech sights, and the Tuffer Buffer (as recomended on this site). 

Thanks for the info.

rus23

Tickets are printing, see you in May.

P3-tin-bender

I'd like to attend this (my first) AS in my re-enactor's clothing. Any problem with that? I saw that it is an option on the registration form. Thanks.

Chainsaw

Quote from: P3-tin-bender on March 18, 2012, 11:22:10 AM
I'd like to attend this (my first) AS in my re-enactor's clothing. Any problem with that? I saw that it is an option on the registration form. Thanks.

Sounds good.  PM sent.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Arrigetch

Hi Ang / Chainsaw,
Wasn't there a flyer for Palmerton last year?  Can we get that updated for 2012 -- I would like to pass them out around here.  If there is a template, I can do the updates myself if necessary.
Thanks!

Chainsaw

Quote from: Arrigetch on April 03, 2012, 04:56:44 AM
Hi Ang / Chainsaw,
Wasn't there a flyer for Palmerton last year?  Can we get that updated for 2012 -- I would like to pass them out around here.  If there is a template, I can do the updates myself if necessary.
Thanks!

Good catch.  I'll get on that and let you know when it's done.  Do you want some trifolds?
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

GEmanuel

Tom, I have the template and am on it, should be up later today
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Arrigetch

Hi Chainsaw,
Yes, where can I get some color trifolds?  I see there is one you can download on this site and print out, but it looks out of date.
Thanks

GEmanuel

Quote from: Arrigetch on April 04, 2012, 05:53:50 PM
Hi Chainsaw,
Yes, where can I get some color trifolds?  I see there is one you can download on this site and print out, but it looks out of date.
Thanks

The Tri Fold Insert was updated yesterday. It is only the insert and includes all of the dates on the schedule as of yesterday AM
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Chainsaw

PM your address and how many you can use.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo