News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Audubon, PA Mar 17-18, 2012

Started by GEmanuel, March 17, 2012, 10:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEmanuel

I think the only thing better than the weather this past weekend were the shooters who participated on a really nice early spring day here in SE PA!
You guys were awesome.
To Brian, Alex, Senen, congratulations on shooting Rifleman and exhibiting the persistence and attention to fundamentals which that task requires. Alex and Senen also cleaned the Red Coat Target
Xinchi, keep an eye on that littlest Wu he is a challenge. I feel like I came out on the short end of a battle of wits with him. (which I enjoyed, greatly)
Jason, great job cleaning the Red Coat. I am looking forward to seeing you qualify as Rifleman in the near future.
Devang I know you were frustrated with equipment, but I see determination and a new rifle in your future. I look forward to our paths crossing again.
Misha and Elvira (mom) It is a pleasure anytime you are on the line. I hope to see you again.
Terry, thank you for the gift of the demo stock to Andrew, I know he will put it to good use. And if you should see David Hacket Fischer, say 'hello' for me
Tatiana, keep asking questions and we will keep providing answers. I hope to see you again, I know you will persist!
Larry, I know you and the family had a great day. I appreciate your cheerfulness and support and look forward to sharing a firing line with you anytime you can make it!
Tom and Mike, part of the hillbilly brigade at the end of the line. You guys were a hoot.
Come back soon, please.
Justin and Simon, You guys were awesome with you positions and NPOA. I know you will be back and some lucky Shoot Boss will be presenting a Rifleman patch to you.
Jeff, Brian, Andrew, Bruce and Demitry, you guys are the ones who made this event happen and I thank each of you for all you have done in our effort to save a country.
Guys thank you all for making my first adventure into the world of Shoot Bossing so pleasant and rewarding, and so darn much fun. Always remember, 'if it isn't fun, it probably isn't worth doing.' Have fun ,and keep doing!
As soon as I can get the photos off of my camera I will post them. (technology, ugh)
If you have any, feel free to post them as well as any comments you may have.
Again thanks to all of you,
George
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

photoshooter

Kudos to George and to all of the instructors at the Audubon class. The two day course exceeded my expectations on many levels.
George, you're a great shoot boss and a world class story-teller.

Most valuable things I walked away with:
-a solid understanding of sling usage (I'll never shoot a rifle without a sling again)
-a mastery of breath control

Of course everything we covered had great value but for me these two topped the list.
Congrats to three new rifleman from Southeastern PA. Big thanks to all of the instructors on the line, you guys were fantastic. Special thanks to Jeff for some cool shooting tips and to Andrew for helping me get my rifle back on line after some technical difficulties. I appreciate all of the hard work that went into this event.

aschaefer

Thanks to all of the students and fellow instructors who made this a great shoot!  Here are some photos from this weekend.

George briefing students before the first shots of the day.

aschaefer

Offhand shooting - Left half of the line

aschaefer

Offhand shooting - Right half of the line

aschaefer

Jeff demonstrating Prone with a dummy rifle

aschaefer

Most of the firing line - Prone

SSG Platz

Hay everyone just made it on the forum, I just wanted to say thank you to George and Jeff and all the other Instructors at yesterdays Appleseed as well as all the Marksman that showed up this past weekend to try to make there Rifleman badge, the those of you that made it congratulations and for those of you you didn't, Keep up the good Fight and you will make it I promise.  I look forward to seeing everyone again in April, and God Bless!
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

bolty5x5

George & instructors:
Thank you for a wonderful weekend. I walked away with a huge smile and great feeling of accomplishment this weekend. While I was 30 points shy of a rifleman I was very happy to clean the final red coat target. I'll be making my way to another event soon to get that patch, and I just might swap out my 5 round magazines for 10 round magazines for that bolt action rifle.

Thanks again, I can't stop recommending the appleseed program to others.

Jason

GEmanuel

Here are a few

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

GEmanuel

GEmanuel

A few more

GEmanuel

The end
Ta Da!

SSG Platz

The pics look awesome, George. Thanks again for everything I look forward to April.
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

SSG Platz

was hoping to see that picture of those two bolt action boys that Cleaned the red coat targets