News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great Words of George Washington

Started by Castle Mountain, April 01, 2012, 04:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Great words of George Washington ? ?? Apparently not authentic.  I do apologize.  Looks like everything written these days must be verified as not being false or disinformation for that matter.    sheeesh!!

:wb:       Good catch people.

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Amber Waves

Wish I could give this image out as a flier at the next Gun show .   What an impact.   Thanks

Chainsaw

I've seen that quote before, but have always questioned its veracity.

What is Washington doing talking about prairie wagons?

Do you know the original source?
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

K98Al

Good quote, but it does not sound like GW, nor does the wagon comment make sense.
Unrelated to firearms laws, but GW's farewell address is well documented and is very applicable to our current day.....

Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

Foppish Dandy

There's a few articles online about the "Liberty Teeth" quote... Unfortunately, it seems to be an invention.

http://frankwarner.typepad.com/free_frank_warner/2008/06/liberty-teeth-g.html

FD
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Fred

Yep, we'll look pretty silly as "Rev War experts" putting out bogus founder quotes - and this is one of them:

http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndbog.html

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_Washington (lots of good Washington quotes - real ones - on this link)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Johnnyappleseed

lots of my favorite quotes will need to be  deleted  :wall: ;D
One reference provided refered to our democracy , I have never seen anything in founders writings or thoughts to conclude we were founded as 'democracy'

I am of the opinion the princeton president invented the term "make the world safe for democracy"

is there a link to exact founders quotes suitable for use at our AS ?
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!