News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

We got a good one here... Maryland's newest IIT

Started by BeSwift, February 28, 2012, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Please welcome  WhyWon...recent graduate (and Rifleman) from the Feb 2012 RBC in Ramseur, NC to the MD instructor cadre! While we haven't yet met face to face, I can tell that the necessary spark and enthusiasm are there, to help assure Appleseed is a continued success in Maryland!

Welcome aboard WhyWon!     

BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

WhyWon

Many thanks BeSwift !

I had a great time at the RBC in Ramseur (2-12!!) and by the end of that week I became an IIT.

I look forward to helping out with the following Annapolis Appleseed events:

• March 17-18
  • May 19-20

And I'll look into whether or not I can also do April, but at this point I have a conflict that weekend.

Does the schedule extend past May 2012 in MD?

NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

Patent guy

Welcome Indeed!
Especially now that we have worked an Annaple-seed together.
Good job this past weekend Y1, and Thanks again.
PG
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

George Hacker

Thanks for stepping up and taking the orange hat, WhyWon. O0

Love your avatar, BTW. :)

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

GEmanuel

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

WhyWon

Many thanks for kind words and welcomes.

I very much enjoyed being a part of this weekend's Appleseed with everyone.

I realized how much learning I have to do; it seems that everyone is such a good storyteller! Without PowerPoint, I'm generally mute in public speaking settings!

Looking forward to the next one ASAP,

Y1

P.S. I recently grew a beard & my wife thinks I look a little like the Dos Equis guy, so I thought I'd have a little fun.    :)
NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

sean_shoot_here

I'll second that!

MD did get a good one.

2-12!

Sean.