News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

First Appleseed

Started by Miss Fire, October 21, 2010, 10:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Fire

Technically I have been to two Appleseed shoots, but I have participated in one. I can't wait for the next one because it is a great experience and a great way to perfect your shooting. My sister and I were the only teenage girls at the shoot. I am fourteen and she's sixteen. We encourage girls our age to come to Appleseed. Even if I'm young, I'm aiming toward becoming a rifleman (woman in this case) and eventually, moving up to become one of the staff. If you were wondering, I'm called Miss Fire because my rifle had so many misfires at Appleseed.

AuntieBellum

Welcome, Miss Fire!  I'm sure with your enthusiasm and determination that you'll make Rifleman in no time.  It's wonderful to have teens like you so interested in the heritage of this great nation.  Welcome to Appleseed!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

Echoing the others, welcome, Miss Fire! :cool2:
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

GoldFish

Great to have you on board, Miss Fire! 8)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Ishy

Nice to see more teen girls in the program!   ..:..  Can't wait to meet you and your sister "on the trail."   :cool2:  Keep up that 7th stepping and check out Athens!!!   O0 O0 O0
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Honeybadger

It's good to see more women in the program! I'm Brickhouse's daughter!

Bring your boyfriends next time, especially if they consider themselves to be "manly." I had a blast outscoring mine by more than 80 points. Then you can remind them when they get cocky. ;)
Live. Love. Laugh. Learn.

dwarven1

Welcome, Miss Fire!

I can't help but wonder... have you figured out why your rifle was misfiring and fixed it?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Smexy Mama

I had an awesome time!!  Let me give you a bit of history. I have a new bf, and as a sorta "bucket list" thing, he persuaded me to go to appleseed.  I have never liked guns, they are dirty and smelly and loud.  In fact I had never shot more than a squirt gun up until this point.  I had the attitude that you could "put your eye out."  Well, after a weekend in Racine, WI with a stiff breeze blowing off the lake, 40+ and cloudy, I had a fabulous time, and I am not too bad of a shot!  No more damsel in distress here, get out of my way and let me take a shot!  The instructors were great.  The people in the course were very interesting, and well informed.

I am making arrangements to bring my daughters to the next appleseed, we just have to decide Wisconsin, or Illinois.

2 clicks low

Quote from: Smexy Mama on April 03, 2012, 10:00:03 PM
I had an awesome time!!  Let me give you a bit of history. I have a new bf, and as a sorta "bucket list" thing, he persuaded me to go to appleseed.  I have never liked guns, they are dirty and smelly and loud.  In fact I had never shot more than a squirt gun up until this point.  I had the attitude that you could "put your eye out."  Well, after a weekend in Racine, WI with a stiff breeze blowing off the lake, 40+ and cloudy, I had a fabulous time, and I am not too bad of a shot!  No more damsel in distress here, get out of my way and let me take a shot!  The instructors were great.  The people in the course were very interesting, and well informed.

I am making arrangements to bring my daughters to the next appleseed, we just have to decide Wisconsin, or Illinois.

Come join us at Waterman. Great range and no cheese required.  :D
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne