News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Manheim, PA - 2012Feb18-19

Started by mal, February 23, 2012, 10:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Well, this event didn't qualify as a Winterseed as hoped, but we had fun none-the-less.  We had 7 on the line both days; a great mix of boys & girls, adults & youth.  We had 1 AR and 6 Ruger & Marlin .22LRs. 

Mark, back for his second Appleseed, started us off early with a Rifleman score on our only Saturday AQT, shooting a 230.  Nicely done.  By the end of the weekend everyone was either solid Marksman or well into Sharpshooter & within Striking distance of Rifleman.  George wrapped up the weekend with a couple AQT to shoot Rifleman with a 216.  Congrats. 

Ric, good luck over seas serving our country in the Air Force.

Pics below:
      1.  Class of Feb 2012, Manheim, PA. 
            Left to right; Mark, Gary R, Kendrah, Gary T, Ric, Courtney, Kaity, Gregg.
      2.  Mark, our 1st Rifleman of the weekend, shot a 230 on our only Saturday AQT.
      3.  The line, Stage 1.
      4.  The line, Stage 2.
      5.  The line, Stage 4.
      6.  Awarding Youth Patches to Kendrah & Kaity.
      7.  George shooting Rifleman with a 216.

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Chainsaw

Well done guys.

2012 sure hasn't been the year for Winterseeds...
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

GEmanuel

Ric, first off let me thank you for your service. I hope your experience this weekend will be useful as you deploy.
Mark congratulations on shooting the rifleman score on Saturday, but please, come back again (maybe there is an orange hat in your future?)
Gary T I like the left handed AR, it almost makes me want to go back in time 30 years when I shot left handed. I hope to see you at a future event with Courtney, Kendrah and Kaity. The girls were the most attentive intent young ladies I have seen on our lines. And they have all they need to shoot rifleman.
Gary R you did a great job with the instruction and I see that red ha not too far down the road. Just watch out for 'black cats'
Mal thanks for all of your help over the past several months, while I am looking forward to advancing in the program I'd like to be with you in March, but I will be thinking about you guys while Frank and I are at Audubon.
Best of luck to all of You!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine