News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help needed, DFW Self Reliance Expo, Feb 10-11

Started by floydf, January 24, 2012, 08:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floydf

Hello Texas Crew:

On Feb 10-11 Prone to Knit and One Shot are rolling in to DFW with the same opportunity with the Self Reliance Expo that worked so well last fall in Salt Lake City.

The AAR for the SLC event last year is at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=25613.0

We need help on the floor in the booth, talking with all sorts of people about the Program and the Mission, and we need help running the line with the air rifles.

Load in and setup is Thursday, Feb 9. Show runs from 10-8 on Friday, Feb 10, and 9-8 on Sat Feb 11, then teardown and load out.  Please note that this is Friday and Saturday. 

If you will be in Dallas for that weekend and want to put your Appleseeding into warp drive, please contact me.  I'm coordinating the local effort.  If you can help, please PM me with some idea of when you could be available, for example:

Load-in
FRI AM (10-2)
FRI PM (2-8)
SAT AM (9-2)
SAT PM (2-8)
Load-out
-- or the days / hours that you would be available.

This will allow us to get a count how many and doing what.

In addition, at the show, we will be collecting names and locations, and I will put together a spreadsheet of contact information; if you are interested for followup (LibrarySeeds, etc), please let me know. 

Please feel free to call me for more info at 972 276 1286 (preferred) or 214 425 3752.  Please leave a message if there is no answer: I'm in meetings all day for the remainder of the week, but am checking messages and will return your call.

Thanks for your help,

Floyd Ferguson
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

scuzzy

I'll be hitching a ride up there with Reddot.

I believe Scout and crew will be there too. Just sent y'all a PM.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

spitstickler

I can help setup Thursday afternoon/evening and can work the show on Friday.  Saturday is a little up in the air but can probably at least help tear down after the show is over.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Reddot

Scuzzy and I will be up there early on Friday morning and will stay through Saturday's tear down/pack up.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Chuck

Scout

The Colorado Crew is on the road now and I am leaving around noon with Snaif. We will be there tonight and Friday night. We have four in our room, but can still fit you in if you need a place to crash either night.

This is going to really give the Texas lines a boost. The Self Reliance/Prepper folks are very different than the gun culture folks. They view Appleseed in the same manner as food storage and rain gear etc. a must have and to be put on the schedule and get done. 

Even if you can only come for one day or even a few hours, there is a great deal of information about learning how to depend on the only person you and your family can ever fully depend on, yourself.

Here is the expo URL

http://www.selfrelianceexpo.com/
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)