News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Target machines

Started by hawkeye, January 24, 2012, 11:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

Here's a look inside one of the target machines we use at the home range for our field shoots and some Appleseeds. I just repaired some of them and thought it would be cool to show folks the inside of them, lots of relays limit switches and a big transformer all heavy duty built for the long haul. I hope every one is ready for the next shoot!
Next shoot is the Iceman shoot February 18th
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

slim

I can't wait to test these out.

Great job, hawkeye!

ThaiFighter

Looks like an HID ballast, the motor and a coupla definite purpose relays...

I thought there'd be more to it than that...   :---
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

hawkeye

That transformer makes the machines a bear to take up at the end of the day. Wildman put them out and took them up by him self for several years for the shoots.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

wildman

Quote from: hawkeye on January 25, 2012, 11:05:00 PM
That transformer makes the machines a bear to take up at the end of the day. Wildman put them out and took them up by him self for several years for the shoots.

There may have been a time when I put them out by myself but I always had help picking them up. Thank you for all you do Hawk, it's the efforts of the volunteers that make all things possible.

There is an RBC coming up the week after the Iceman unless the weather is terrible we will leave them out for the whole week. Can't be sure with the new shoot boss how much of an opportunity there will be to shoot them perhaps on KD day. The short winter days means training goes from sun up to sun down.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC