News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR- Calverton, NY January 28 & 29, 2012

Started by VietVet, January 30, 2012, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Calverton once again has another successful Shoot in the books.
This weekend we saw 18 Shooters stand on the firing line of this "Sold Out" event. Sold out and then some.

The shooters were ready to go. Most showed up about an hour early eager to get this Shoot going. From the first Red Coat we knew this was going to be a special Calverton event.
We did have the perfect weather for an Appleseed both Saturday and Sunday. Bright, Sunny and around 40 degrees. Now for late January you can't ask for more.

A special thank you has to go out to all involved in this Seed. Shooters and Instructors were at the top of their game this weekend. Thanks all.

Saturday we gave our usual course of instruction and managed to get in a few AQT's. The improvement of the Shooters told us all Sunday was going to be extra special and we best have some Patches ready to present.
I saw the look in their eyes as they heard the stories of April 19th. They were there with our Colonists every step of the way and they took their pride in our Forefathers right to the firing line. Especially on Sunday.

We turned out 3 new RIFLEMAN.
Mike started it off with a 237 (twice) then a 241 another 210 and just kept going.
Lev followed with a 210 and yes he was introduced to the Water from the North Bridge. This didn't dampen his spirits though. Shortly after he shot a215.
Jeff also wanted that North Bridge water and shot his 210.

We ran two fun shoots and Lev walked away the winner both times. Think we'll have to change the rules if he's at our next event. ;)

There were many knocking on that door all weekend long and so many were asking when the next event will be.

Calverton is back on the Appleseed map and will continue to remind all how we got the rights our Forefathers fought for and gave us.
We're getting people off that couch away from the TV and out on the firing line to remind them they do count and we need them.

APPLESEED..... O0

Here are some photos of the Event.....enjoy......
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

R1SGx2

Nice job by all, rated a  2   O0

Thanx for help saving our nation.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Josey Wales

..What great weather you all had for a January weekend!!..

..Sounds and Looks like another successfull Project Appleseed event.. O0

..Strength & Honor.........JW..............................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

August Son

Rich;

Nice job as always. 

I will post my pictures later this evening.

Thank you

Dakota

First event of another great Calverton season!
Glad I could be a part of it, too bad I missed Sunday.
I knew those guys were going to make it. :bow:
3 new riflemen, 40 degrees and no snow. What could be better!
See you in February!!! :cool2:
Dakota
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

LittleMo

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

August Son

Here are some of the photos I took.  I also added a link to the album at the bottom of this post.

Hope you enjoy!

Yours Truly,

August Son
Craig S. Keenan

August Son

Link above will take you to full album.  Enjoy

August Son

AARGGGHHH!

It has been a few months since I posted and I forgot how to embed images.

Worst yet, I am waiting for my IIT status to be updated. 

At the moment, I am unable to edit my previous posts.

In an effort not to make more of I mess, I will wait until tomorrow to post.

That should give me a chance to relearn how to post.

Sorry and will post soon.

kDan

Congrats to Calverton, VietVet, all the Instructors and especially the Rifleman for making this event a welcome return.  I think Lev is the first Manhattan alum to shoot Rifleman at a range and event recognized by the Labor and Statistics Board of Standards, Practices and Rules of Thumb, and he won both contests!  Bring the loot back to the city, brother!  Better yet, bring your skills and patch and help us out!  We seem to have a certain thing down here with Rifleman who ride motorcycles.  Red Hats stand at about fifty-fifty (if you include Josey Wales, and I do), so we're recruiting.

I have a group photo with everybody in it, and I'll post it later when I access the camera.

Also, I lost a pair of insulated brown leather gloves that have "Red Wing Shoes" embossed on the back of each one.  Last time I remember them was on the line.

Any body see them?  Pick them up?  Still have them? 

-----------------------------------------------

Modified to say I found the gloves right where I left them, where they did not belong.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

August Son

Ok. IIT Status was restored and I have posted the pics I took.

Thank you CharlieHotel and Another D.O.M for correcting my access.

Have a great weekend!