News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Started by Talon, April 20, 2008, 09:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

umaggb

What a great weekend it was! Instruction team was a pleasure to learn from, very professional yet personable. Tactigal and Joker were spot on with range safety and despite a fairly large number of shooters were very helpful when individual problems popped up. Great weather, sunshine (lots of it), clear blue skies, red gritty sand and some West wind to make it interesting. I fell 4 short of rifleman score but I'll just buy more aqt's and shoot by the numbers till I get there. (Can I take off the Chef's jacket yet?)

Bob

JJFlack

copy of post on another thread:
I attended the April 19-20 Appleseed in Pensacola/Pace at the ERML range this
past weekend. I couldn't make both days, but Talon, Tactigal and Sgt. Joker sure did their best to catch me up on the second day.
I am late to the game in shooting, but I've been active duty USN for 16 years.
My score improved from throughout the day by 50% due to expert instruction
and constant prodding from the instructors in proper form and technique. I
believe I now have all the tools I need to become a Rifleman. I just need to
get to the range more, which I will.
Thanks for all your encouragement.
Thanks for all your hard work.
You can be sure the flame has been lit here.

-Jumping Jack Flack

Sgt Joker

What a great time to spend your vacation! You can tell if you put on a good school by how fast the attendees drift away. I think some range members were still at the range when we left. Talon did an expert job at putting this together and did more than his fair share of work almost all the work with the exception of Tactigal. It is always a pleasant experience to watch the shooting improve.

I learned quite a bit as usual, the combination of tight dry AR and wolf ammo had me stumped more than once with two malfunctions I had never seen before. The number of scopes also brought up issues I should have caught far earlier. I love it when I learn stuff too! 

Very smooth operation I wish we had more time well be back!

The shot heard round the nation below.

trimdrag

Just wanted to say my Son (the one with the tight dry AR and wolf ammo) and I really enjoyed ourselfs and learned a lot.  We are seeing who can get to the rifleman level first, cause we are looking forward to shooting another Appleseed soon.  Also, is there a way he can get a T-Shirt (great advertising) and a certificate for CMP.  I got 3 M1s, but he needs to buy his own.  Got the granddaughter shooting her BB rifle in the backyard--can't start them too soon!  Thanks Talon, Sgt. Joker, and Tactigal.  Keep up the great work and shoot straight.   8)

funfaler

All you folks from the Pensacola Appleseed, great job in getting folks to the range!  The numbers looked grim early on and seeing the larger than expected turnout was refreshing.

I have just been contacted from some folks from Jacksonville, looks like we will be having a shoot or two over there.

We are having an Instructors Course May 24-26 in Ft. Myers, with a new range having an Appleseed on May 31-June 1 in Glades county, near Moore Haven.  So this will give us 8-10 Instructors in South Florida and 3 Appleseed locations. 

By the way, anybody interested in this Instructor course, send me a PM!

Anyways, with Pensacola, and Jacksonville in the North, we need to be looking at an Instructor Course in the North part of the state, for late 2008 or very early 2009.   

We also need new dates for Pensacola, for later in 2008 and it is not too early to get dates set for 2009.  Florida needs to have 25+ Appleseeds for 2009  :o, so you all had better get busy ;)   ;D

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!