News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Cabela's Hunting Weekend Event Promo, March 3-4, 2012

Started by The Log, January 17, 2012, 11:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Status and Task List for:
Cabela's Hunting Weekend Event, March 3-4, 2012
Last Updated: February 29, 2012

Event Information

Date:March 3-4, 2012
Promo Boss:The Log
Promo Team:CaptMac, Old Ironsights, Who_Me?, The Log

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Venue contacted, booth space approved
  • Promo Boss needed
  • Management of booth materials and supplies
  • Booth load-in and set up staffed and scheduled
  • Booth staffing for Saturday
  • Booth staffing for Sunday
  • Booth tear-down and load out staffed and scheduled

Booth Staff Schedule

_______SATURDAY_______
_______SUNDAY_______
9A-12PCapt Mac, Old IronsightsCANCELED
12P-4PThe Log, Who_Me?CANCELED

Note: On Sunday, the event starts at 10AM and ends at 3PM
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

Even though I haven't gotten the official go-ahead on this from Diane at Cabela's, I want to treat this like a done deal, since this event last year was a great promo for us. I'd like to expand our booth a bit this year with two activities:

• I'd like to run a demo of building a good prone position. All we need is a mat and a dummy rifle, and when there are enough people standing around (i.e., one or more), have a model and an instructor run through the prone SHF drill. We could do that a couple of times an hour.
  • We might be able to run mini-Libertyseeds, too, if we can get one of the conference rooms. We put a sign up at the booth telling folks when it'll be - maybe lunchtime - and just do a quick Three Strikes. Thirty minutes tops, I'd say. Don't think Cabela's would like us keeping people off the sales floor for more than that.
I asked Diane about getting space for both of these - we'll see what happens. If anyone can think of any other "value added" events or demos, let me know. Apart from the usual stuff, like a laptop running AS videos, a Garand for display, etc.

And let's not forget to run a drawing for AS tickets - and collect email addresses!!

</log>

The Log

Just heard back from Diane at Cabela's and they're excited we'll be joining them. We'll have a table near an outlet so we can run videos on a laptop, and we'll have space to run our prone SHF demos as well. Diane is checking the conference room schedule to see if we can get some mini-Libertyseed time. Stay tuned for details.

As with all promos, many hands make light work. So check your schedule and see what you can do. Even a couple of hours on one day will help.

</log>

The Log

I finally got an idea of what my schedule will be like that weekend, so I signed up for a block of time. I can't make the morning, so we're still going to need someone to set up the booth and man it until noon on Saturday. Any takers?

This is going to be an important promotion - lots of exposure to a wide demographic concentrated in central Connecticut. We have something like 80 slots to sell between the Chaplin shoot in March and the soon-to-be-announced BTR shoot in April, and this will be the place to do it. We really need all hands on deck for this promo - please step up in whatever way you can.

</log>

The Log

The Log

Change of plans - I've been invited to a USPSA shoot in Springfield on Sunday morning, so Who_Me? and I will only be available to finish up the promo and break down the booth on Sunday. So we need someone to set up and cover the other shifts.

If someone steps up for Saturday setup, I'll get them the promo material ASAP - banner, table runner, flyers, etc. But you've got to give me enough lead time to arrange the meet-up.

We really need this promo. Within 90 days of this shoot we have 85 slots to sell - 35 for Chaplin in March, and 50 for BTR in April. We really need to shake the trees, and Cabela's is a great place to contact a huge number of potential shooters. And don't forget that vendors get the Cabela's employee discount for the day!

Please pitch in with this promo if you can. An hour or two would really help. This promo is only a week and a half away now - please step up!

</log>

CaptMac

I will show for the early Saturday shift, because that is the only one I can make.  I am then off to Staten Island and have to run a shoot at my club for the Boy Scouts.

Someone else sign up please!
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

The Log

Thanks, Mac!

Greenwich to East Hartford, then back to Staten Island? That's a lot of driving!

Who's going to honor Mac's commitment to the cause and show up to keep him company?

</log>

The Log

Saturday is staffed! Thanks to Old Ironsights for stepping up - somehow it seems like asking him to spend a couple of hours at Cabela's with an employee discount wasn't too hard a sell.  O0

Anyone else? Sunday is still up for grabs. Remember - fresh, hot donuts...

</log>