News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rainbow California December 3/4 2011 After Action Report

Started by 4Posterity, December 04, 2011, 11:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4Posterity

Just returned from a windy and chilly Appleseed Event at L.E. Duncan's Rainbow Shooting Club in Rainbow California, and thought I'd open the After Action report.

A genuine congratulations to California's newest Full Instructor, Jeff (JShoebot), who received his well-deserved Red Hat this afternoon.  Story and photos to follow, along with details of this weekend's event.

Mark/4Posterity
To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

caseten

Thanks for such a great event!  Your teams excellent instruction was evident in the improvement of my AQT scores.

My son had great fun after the introduction of the "bean bags".

Thanks again, it was a perfect weekend for me and my son.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."  An excerpt from The Peloponnesian War, by Thucydides

"Necessity is the plea for ever infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt, 1783

"... in other words, whether the parliament can legally take money out of our pockets, without our consent. If they can, our boasted liberty is but "Vox et praeterea nihil." A sound and nothing else." - John Dickinson [Continental Congressman from Pennsylvania, Signer of the Constitution], Letters from a Farmer in Pennsylvania to the Inhabitants of the British Colonies - Letter II

StormNSheri

Thank you to all who came out and endured the wind. Check out your photo's Part 1

StormNSheri

And yes there is more - Part2
I hope you all enjoy the photo's and it was great meeting all of you for the first time and again. Look forward to seeing you next time around.

jshoebot

What an outstanding weekend. Yes, the weather was miserable, but I got a chance to meet plenty of great new people as well as return shooters. It's always a pleasure to do Rainbow shoots, and this weekend was no exception. I'd like to say thanks to all the folks who braved the blizzard to come out and exercise our liberty. I'd also like to thank the great instructors. I love that we have such a great team in the San Diego area, and I'm proud to have my Red Hat awarded in front of such an excellent group! Without the great instructor staff and the great shooters that always turn up at Rainbow, I'd never have come this far. Thanks for everything, everybody.

Speaking of the Red Hat, does anyone have any pictures of the quasi-ceremony? Thanks again everybody, see you next shoot!
Liberty or death.

"If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist."

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations on earning your RedHat  jshoebot O0

Looking forward to seeing you on the trail .

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

caseten

Congratulations jshoebot! Thanks Babycakes!

I've decided to choose the path of an IIT.  Help me on my journey...
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."  An excerpt from The Peloponnesian War, by Thucydides

"Necessity is the plea for ever infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt, 1783

"... in other words, whether the parliament can legally take money out of our pockets, without our consent. If they can, our boasted liberty is but "Vox et praeterea nihil." A sound and nothing else." - John Dickinson [Continental Congressman from Pennsylvania, Signer of the Constitution], Letters from a Farmer in Pennsylvania to the Inhabitants of the British Colonies - Letter II

jshoebot

Quote from: caseten on December 08, 2011, 12:57:17 AM
Congratulations jshoebot! Thanks Babycakes!

I've decided to choose the path of an IIT.  Help me on my journey...

Thanks for stepping up, and welcome to the ranks!

So nobody has pictures of the Rifleman/RedHat award ceremony? I know I saw at least three cameras going at the time...
Liberty or death.

"If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist."

StormNSheri

Jeff, apparently they did not go when Sheri made her second post. I will give it a try. If you want any of them as full size images PM me with your personal e-mail address and we will send them to you. Norm

Francis Marion

San Diego crew making good use of Liberty.

Jeff, CONGRATULATIONS to you. Spirit, service and persistence have earned your position.   Well done, and thank you.   

Kiu, thanks for stepping in to teach what you learned.  Your work will travel forward.  People will learn from you, and share.  We're stronger than we were before you signed up. 

Caseten- Congratulations on earning your patch.  Thank you for choosing to help us promote a love of Liberty and Freedom through the practical exercise thereof, in your community.  People like you- all of us volunteers- make all this possible.  The time you spend with this program improves people.  Welcome aboard- I hope that your family and young son will also find a place here when they are ready.   

That's the whole point of Appleseed: plant an orchard of 'good trees bearing good fruit,' for the nourishment of Freedom.  This work, this privilege and duty, of our and every generation.   

Legacy

First, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Jeff for achieving the covetted Red Hat. Good job and well deserved!

Next, a BIG thank you to all, instructors & students alike, for surviving a weather challenging weekend in Rainbow. The way we had those targets secured, we probably should have just kept them up for the next event. They definitely wouldn't have blown away - (might have been a bit shot up though).

Any advice on how to upload photos? Have tried twice to upload 15 photos and both times have gotten an error message saying my time expired, no subject, etc. Ideas?

Finally, L. E. Duncan's Rainbow Shooting Club is very proud to be affiliated with a fine organization such as Appleseed. We look forward to seeing you all again in February!

Remember their sacrifice. Celebrate our liberty. Cherish your freedom.

caseten

OFF TOPIC:
I can no longer PM people, even though I can sign in to the forums and read 'My Messages'.

Please let me know how to contact an admin, be cause I would like to sign up for IIT "Roll Call" but keep getting the "Not signed in to the Forum!!" message even though I'm signed in.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

bob 210

email sent.

Quote from: caseten on January 15, 2012, 09:58:04 PM
OFF TOPIC:
I can no longer PM people, even though I can sign in to the forums and read 'My Messages'.

Please let me know how to contact an admin, be cause I would like to sign up for IIT "Roll Call" but keep getting the "Not signed in to the Forum!!" message even though I'm signed in.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA