News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Private Land?

Started by aragornelessar86, January 03, 2012, 01:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aragornelessar86

My parents own 30 acres in SD county and there's an area on their property that would be perfect for hosting Appleseed. However, i'm assuming that Appleseed relies on existing clubs having the proper insurance protection and such, which would rule out this type of situation. If i'm wrong please contact me and maybe we can get another range going in north county San Diego.
QuoteWish I was rich instead of so damn good looking
QuoteThose who would trade liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security

George Hacker

Quote from: aragornelessar86 on January 03, 2012, 01:16:45 PM
My parents own 30 acres in SD county and there's an area on their property that would be perfect for hosting Appleseed. However, i'm assuming that Appleseed relies on existing clubs having the proper insurance protection and such, which would rule out this type of situation. If i'm wrong please contact me and maybe we can get another range going in north county San Diego.
I'm pretty sure Appleseed has its own insurance policy that covers its events.  First contact the relevant state coordinator, for California I think it is bob210, and let them know there is interest in hosting a DAR (Dedicated Appleseed Range) in the San Diego are.  That should get things rolling.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Wade

Quote from: aragornelessar86 on January 03, 2012, 01:16:45 PM
Sir I have hosted  AS shoots on my own land since 2008 AS has insurance that covers the land owner quite well,if you want to host a shoot get ahold of bob210 or savageshootr do your own due dilagance and read the insurance  you self if you feel the need (I know I have read it ),,get ahold of me if you wish .

Wade

Castle Rock WA
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

aragornelessar86

Thanks Wade, I'll be contacting you in the coming weeks to get more details.
QuoteWish I was rich instead of so damn good looking
QuoteThose who would trade liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security